The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

And the powers that be and want to be know this and give people just enough not to get too unsettled to do anything.

To push back slightly, an alternative take is that the institutions worked. Trump lost and left office despite being the incumbent president with a clear willingness to cheat/try to overthrow the system.

I understand the Demsā€™ impotence is very frustrating, but I think thereā€™s some space between that and claiming that the institutions failed. They didnā€™t fail.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/BW/status/1399087285979729920

The staffing shortage is also affecting their flagship, a Hamptons destination long before it featured in the Showtime melodrama, The Affair. For the first time in more than five decadesā€”apart from last yearā€™s pandemic-related closingā€”the Lobster Roll will be shut on Tuesdays, because there arenā€™t enough employees to dish out seafood seven days a week.

This time. Nothing about the last 5 years should give you any confidence democracy will prevail every time.

2 Likes

I agree, and nothing about history should give you confidence of that either. ā€œEvery timeā€ is asking a lot. My point is that Joe Manchin being a dumbass boomer isnā€™t the same thing as the system* having already failed. Things looked extremely dark in Dec 2020 but for all its flaws, it worked.

*(Itā€™s a bad system, I donā€™t like it, the constitution is incredibly flawed. Iā€™m not a constitution guy.)

Joe Manchin is protecting this:

https://twitter.com/zittrain/status/1399365768698007556?s=21

If we have actual history books future generations will rightfully wonder what in the actual fuck this dipshit was doing.

2 Likes

Did Biden actually pass anything to cause gas prices to raise a tiny bit or is it all they have to complain about?

I dont think so. My guess is that the biggest factor is that global improvement in the Covid situation is increasing demand because there is a gradually increase in commercial activity. A secondary factor is that there is a structural reason why prices always increase a bit at the beginning of summer.

And donā€™t forgot, year over year is bullshit. Demand for gas was ridiculously low last year. Higher demand is a sign of a roaring economy. ??

1 Like
1 Like

We have to get in on resistance grifting

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1399485841152655367?s=21

3 Likes

LOL

1 Like

onion

2 Likes

No, no - dig up, stupid!

6 Likes

Anyone who isnā€™t WAAF is lol

8 Likes

His wife, Gayle Conelly Manchin, was the former president of the stateā€™s board of education. In April, she was nominated by Biden to co-chair the Appalachian Regional Commission, an influential federal board that directs federal economic programs in 13 states, including West Virginia. The Senate confirmed her in May.

We always were no matter what he did which makes his inaction so much more infuriating.

Heā€™s a true believer and a dumb shit

He makes between a few hundred thousand and over a million per year at a 2 person coal trading company in WV that is in a ā€œblind trustā€. Donā€™t expect anything from this guy.

1 Like

One thing this article notes that tends to get glossed over is that HR1 as of today isnt actually a filibuster issue. Manchin doesnt support the legislation. Its somewhat messier than that in practice, but sort of just illustrates how dead HR1 is in the Senate. There isnt even going to be an effort to pass it.