The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

Now say “We must kill the fillabuster.” -Joe M.

Jesus fucking Christ

https://twitter.com/anacabrera/status/1397931809263034372?s=21

I think the potential wrinkle here is that Mitch may not have the control over the likes of Tuberville and the rest of the looney fringe. All the prior grandstanding over the debt ceiling could easily make it so that the wingnuts feel compelled to force the nuclear option over the debt ceiling regardless of strategic considerations that GOP leadership may want them to take.

3 Likes

“It’s time to come together. I think there’s ten good people,” he said.

Name 5 of them, Joe.

1 Like

Probably slow pony but this nails it.

4 Likes

Pysch!

Good job Joe almost tricked me!

Dems are weenies who are afraid to be the cause of an actual civil war with real shooting.

1 Like

They are the Neville chamberlain of politics.

Being afraid to start a civil war is a good thing.

2 Likes

Most of the time

except in times of civil war

1 Like

That worked for James Buchanan.

https://twitter.com/ronbrownstein/status/1397939227128516613?s=21

Lolol we are SO FUCKED

Still, it’s clear that the White House is operating at a more tempered level of concern than other Democrats about the threats to small- d democracy emerging in the aftermath of Donald Trump’s attacks on the 2020 election. Based on my conversations with them, officials there seem to take a more nuanced and restrained view of what’s happening. They do not believe that more assertive public denunciation from Biden would dissuade any of the Republican governors or legislators who have moved to restrict voting rights. And although White House officials consider the laws offensive from a civil-rights perspective, they do not think most of those laws will advantage Republicans in the 2022 and 2024 elections as much as many liberal activists fear.

1 Like

90% of both Dem leadership and Dem voters are very clearly in the denial stage of this whole process. The problem is we don’t have years for the party dotards, optimists and corporate stooges to see the light. It’s now or never.

I mean it’s almost June and literally nothing meaningful has been done in months on anything.

January 6 was a clown show that was hard to take seriously. Dems needed more of a body count to stave off denial. This nation needs something startling. What must happen to rouse them from their slumber?

There should have been hearings Jan21.

Are you FBI? Or from another American federal agency?

This is a serious question tbh.

And other posters need to think on whether you are too I’d presume.

2 Likes

They already fucked up this commission by negotiating at all. By soliciting the input of the GOP they are telling the world they don’t believe Republicans are responsible, and that they deserve a seat at the table trying to address the causes of the event.

This is plainly absurd. It’s asking Al Qaeda how to respond to 9/11. Not only is it totally demoralizing to anyone paying attention, it normalizes everything the Republicans have done.

On top of that, THEY STILL CANT FUCKING PASS IT EVEN WHEN THE COMMISSION CANT SUBPOENA ANYONE WITHOUT THE GOP APPOINTEE’S APPROVAL.

So weak, so pathetic, so stupid, so enraging.

5 Likes

What blatantly obviously to anyone is that the GOP counter to this is their new benghazi and look how that worked out for the Dems.