The Presidency of the Joes: more like INFRASTRUCTURE WEAK

I mean America is pretty big. You need a way for people to get around.

HOW ABOUT YOU LISTEN TO THE AMERICANS TELLING YOU HOW SHIT THE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION IS HERE AND HOW EVERYTHING IS SUPER SPREAD OUT BECAUSE AMERICA IS DUMB BUT BIG AS FUCK BECAUSE BIGGER IS BETTER

4 Likes

We should have much better public transportation. Itā€™s a worthwhile investment. But Iā€™m not sure itā€™s a realistic solution for the many, many people in rural areas.

Also, I was replying to the suggestion that cars only exist to make car companies money. Thatā€™s quite a stretch imo.

https://mobile.twitter.com/tedcruz/status/1375481111086780421

This is what makes all this especially tricky, because people from Honduras are made almost entirely of wood.

7 Likes

I also think itā€™s important to note how hard public transportation system is to effectively implement in America. Itā€™s fucking huge and a lot of euros donā€™t really appreciate exactly how much land we cover.

2 Likes

Wow amazing idea thank you lakpa thank you lapka thank you lapka.

I donā€™t think zikzakā€™s example is that bad, especially if compared to other more rural locales. Walking a mile to the grocery store is not a big deal and people will plan around walking there during the hottest part of the day.

Zikzak please shut down this site itā€™s a failure

I guess Iā€™m just a lazy wimp. Probably a typical American fatty whoā€™s never experienced anything else.

lol I walked away from all responsibility months ago

2 Likes

Are you really arguing that Americans donā€™t currently need cars because we could eventually create a system with mass transit for all?

Then maybe you could just believe me about places I have been that you have not?

1 Like

Neighbourhoods like this, where you live more than 15 minutes on non-motorized transport away from most of your needs, are a complete policy failure. The proliferation of them throughout the US is the biggest impediment to a lot of the things that need to be done in transportation and urban planning.

3 Likes

I get the sense you donā€™t really know what youā€™re talking about here.

8 Likes

That car has already left the bay.

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna need some independent confirmation on this.

Public transportation in Russia is good?

Iā€™d believe it for getting around in Moscow, but Iā€™m skeptical on the rest. It certainly is possible, hence the request for confirmation.

Iā€™m down with banning cars completely. Give me a way to get to work though ffs.

2 Likes

Isnā€™t this Kazakhstan?

In Soviet Russia, public transports you!

10 Likes

I think there is definitely a good bit of difference between ā€œyou can deal without a carā€ and good.

Depending on your will and resourcefulness ā€œyou can deal without a carā€ almost anywhere, but it might be quite unpleasant.