The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

The problem is if the GOP’s pain tolerance is based solely on polls (upon what else would they base it… personal ethics?) their pain tolerance is infinite.

Their donors pain tolerance is not unlimited and neither is the bases. And when people finally quit a relationship like this they don’t do it nicely. For proof see any of my recent HRC posts. When the dam bursts… well it’s like a dam bursting.

We aren’t there yet but it’s where we are going. Because Donald isn’t going to stop and we have over a year to the next Election Day. At the current pace we are looking at 75+ major ugly scandals.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1185743142118744068?s=19

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1185743331751542784?s=19

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think it’s hyperbole to say Trump is not losing any votes from today onward. Literally maybe a few hundred, a thousand?.. but not enough to make a difference. And as long as he polls at 90%+ with Rs the politicians will not abandon him.

The big donors might grumble, but who are they gonna back, the one who is senile and capricious and venal and openly bigoted and dangerous, or the one who wants to break up the monopolies?

I’ve read it, and the reason I didn’t post that was because it was pure speculation about a political process.

However, his analysis regarding the procedural elements moving forward with the case for the taxes was sound.

2 Likes

trump has used the “nigerian prince” method of selecting rubes.

3 Likes

Dude 75 more Ukraine/G7/Syria level scandals from now he will probably have tried to use the nuclear football. He’s going to do something that they can’t cover up and can’t take back. He’s literally escalating. This process isn’t even linear, it’s exponential. Sooner rather than later he’s going to break something important that they can’t spin or cover up.

1 Like

Obviously I hope you’re right, but he’s already had 75 Ukraines, 300 G7s, and 15 Syrias and it hasn’t done much. The don’t have to cover up… they just say they’re Deeply Troubled and Concerned, then vote to acquit in the Senate.

Anyway… I’m gonna drop it. I don’t have any insight and I don’t want to be a Donnie Downer for no reason.

I do see some irony here, nunnehi.

I’d be surprised if we see more than 3 articles of impeachment when it’s all said and done.

That’s not true. The tone and size of the scandals is in a different place since Ukraine broke. Also his ability to obstruct is breaking down.

1 Like

I think the dems need keep trying to get Trump on Camera with people who stand up to him.

If his melt down vs Pelosi was as bad as people say, would have made great TV.

5 Likes

This is actually a really good idea. The more we can get him obviously melting on camera the better.

Oh yeah, which articles do you think?

Can you freakin’ imagine what he’d do if a female Governor met him on the tarmac and wagged her finger in his face, a la Brewer?

At this point the Ukraine this is so blatantly obvious and provable.

Just use that and get it done.

Abuse of presidential power for personal political gain, the withholding of aid that was passed by Congress and obstruction of the impeachment inquiry.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185759188040978432
( twitter | raw text )

It’s enough for the first round. They really can impeach him again on emoluments when that comes through. Or they can hold off and let him keep fucking shit up for a few more months while they wait to get his tax returns. His tax returns, btw, are obviously going to be disastrous.

Remember that his base still believes he’s a great businessman. They desperately cling to the ‘fact’ that he’s a great businessman despite all evidence to the contrary. The tax returns are going to be incredibly humiliating. They should have listened to Romney back at the end of the primary when he was telling them that the guys a fraud. Romney may be a vulture capitalist, but he helped invent vulture capitalism so he’s not a slouch at business. He knew what he was seeing, and what he was seeing was outright fraud and a terrible credit rating.

There are no super successful people whose Ansonia score is 15. Also people with an Ansonia score of 15 don’t get multiple 9 figure loans from big banks without someone else cosigning. The chances that he’s actually just a money launderer for the Russian mob at this point are like 85%. Because of his losses earlier in his career they wouldn’t even have to pay taxes on money they cleaned through his operation. It’s hard to beat a money launderer who doesn’t even have to pay taxes on the money you clean with him. That’s rare and awesome from their perspective.

No way they’re not filing Contempt of Congress as well. They would have to be really careful with how those are worded, or they give a lot of cover to the Senate to not convict. G7 was by far the easiest one, until he pulled it back. Since Ukraine was out of his own mouth, that will apply, but they need to word this very narrowly to not provide cover. Never forget how many of these exact impeachable offenses he’s done. We have to worry about them giving the idea of a pass on this.

I personally think this should be impeachment part 1. Introduce stuff they can nail him on right now. If it fails, none of the other investigations stop, and then build the cases they were originally going on. I still don’t think they’ll move on anything until at least a decision comes down on McGahn which should be any day now. If they somehow lose that, they’ll have no choice but to move to articles of impeachment immediately.

oh it’s unlimited. I see more trump signs than I did a few months ago and he’s not running this year for anything.