The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

He won’t launch the nukes. He’ll watch Superman IV and decide to wrap them in a giant net and send them into the sun. Because that’s how Russia wins.

3 Likes

He’s also too much of a pansy. Just look at the last two weeks lol.

On second thought, I could legit see him being convinced that neutralizing global warming with nuclear winter would be a legit path to a Nobel Prize. I’m not even sure it would be the worst idea he ever had.

1 Like

Rick Scott is an even better one.

2 Likes

Become a billionaire by route of Medicare fraud, get rewarded with the governor’s mansion and a Senate seat.

The American dream.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1185699151708901376
( twitter | raw text )

3 Pinocchio’s

4 Likes

In retrospect, it’s infuriating that he was mostly given a pass by the media during Whitewater. Dude is a Bill Barr-grade partisan hack.

One of my unfortunately least popular photoshops that might finally have found its moment.

And they’re on the Great Wall of Gina lol

3 Likes

I’m an advocate of Democrats trying to provoke him into escalating levels of madness until Republicans turn on him. I hope it won’t require a nuclear attack, but I worry that it will lead to a more palpable body count than what is happening with the Kurds.

This caused me to go down a little rabbit hole. Interesting article from 1994: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1994/08/06/judges-replace-fiske-as-whitewater-counsel/4ca08c66-62cd-4ef3-a44f-9835399ed0ee/

Special counsel Robert B. Fiske Jr. was abruptly ousted yesterday and replaced with former solicitor general Kenneth W. Starr. The move stunned members of Congress just wrapping up Whitewater hearings as well as nearly everyone connected with the investigation.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals declined to reappoint Fiske under the new independent counsel law, saying he could have a “perceived” conflict because he originally had been appointed to his job by Clinton administration Attorney General Janet Reno.

“It is not our intent to impugn the integrity of the Attorney General’s appointee, but rather to reflect the intent of the Act that the actor be protected against perceptions of conflict,” the court panel wrote.

Starr’s appointment undoubtedly will delay the wide-ranging investigation, already in its 10th month, of President and Hillary Rodham Clintons’ Whitewater real estate venture and their ties to Madison Guaranty Savings & Loan. It was uncertain how Starr’s appointment would affect the work already done by Fiske, who concluded in June that there was no illegality in a series of White House-Treasury Department contacts on the Whitewater matter. He also concluded that deputy White House counsel Vincent Foster committed suicide in July 1993.

Starr, 48, a conservative, served as U.S. solicitor general in the Bush administration and as a federal appeals court judge in Washington before that. He is highly regarded in legal circles and has been mentioned often as a candidate for the Supreme Court in a Republican administration. He has never been a prosecutor.

Republicans have complained over the past two months that Fiske has exercised virtual veto power in severely limiting the scope of congressional Whitewater hearings.

Fiske is widely respected as a skilled prosecutor and a man of integrity. But members of both parties said yesterday that they welcome his replacement with Starr if it bolsters public confidence in the impartiality of the Whitewater investigation.

Sen. John F. Kerry (D-Mass.) called it “a good move,” because it may prevent people from impugning “the integrity of the investigation.” But others questioned whether someone with such strong partisan identification could be impartial.

Senate Minority Leader Robert J. Dole (R-Kan.), publicly complained this week that Fiske lacked aggressiveness. Sens. Lauch Faircloth (R-N.C.) and Alfonse M. D’Amato (R-N.Y.) tried to weave criticism of Fiske into the Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs Committee’s hearings on how White House and Treasury Department officials responded to a federal investigation that touched the Clintons.

Two of the three judges sitting on the special panel who oversee independent counsels are conservatives. They are presiding Judge David B. Sentelle of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, who was appointed to a district judgeship by President Ronald Reagan, and Joseph T. Sneed of San Francisco [Carly Fiorina’s dad], appointed to the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals by President Richard M. Nixon in 1973. The third judge, John D. Butzner Jr. of Richmond, was named to the court of appeals by President Lyndon B. Johnson.

The ironies boggle the mind. These guys play dirty pool 100% of the time. It’s time to start hitting back.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they would change the race for the governership to every 4 years but never the year of the presidential election if they thought they could. I’m convinced we are one of the most jurymandered areas in the country. That’s probably not true but the deck feels very stacked. One of my friends literally went to Georgia to get a copy of his California birth certificate because they have made it so hard to get a drivers license here.

https://twitter.com/Kasparov63/status/1185610771281133569?s=19

1 Like

Well there isn’t a special counsel law anymore. It sunset during the Bush admin (shocking that the gop didn’t want to renew it once Clinton was gone).

https://twitter.com/MalcolmNance/status/1185713650251776001?s=19

1 Like

Yup, I just found all the pearl clutching by conservatives, supported or at least not rejected by dems, that led to them replacing, by an extraordinary and unexpected judicial fiat in extremely unusual circumstances, an impartial special counsel 10 months into an investigation, with a partisan hack somewhat mind bending. It’s an act that would go on to have a profound impact, including the Clinton impeachment and the rise of Brett Kavanaugh.

Basically, the appointment of Starr looks a hell of a lot like a partisan cabal. The statute wasn’t reauthorized, because dems learned that if it was possible to abuse to special counsel law, it would be abused.

1 Like

We’ve been in a one sided political war with these guys for a long time. The time for decency and norms is long over. We need to stop fighting with one hand behind our back.

When we get the WH and Congress back we should do exactly what they would do and rig the election system in our favor and turn federal law enforcement loose on them. Fuck the optics.

1 Like

"The act requires Congress to reauthorize the independent counsel process every five years or it will automatically expire. In 1992, Republicans blocked reauthorization of the act in response to what they perceived as excesses and unfairness in the Iran-contra investigations of the Reagan administration. The Clinton administration and congressional Democrats successfully pressed to renew the independent counsel provisions in 1994.

This year, Reno and Starr led the way in arguing that the law should be allowed to lapse because it had failed to achieve its most important objective. Although they differed in how they assessed the blame for this failure, both agreed that public confidence in the possibility of impartial investigations of top political figures had actually declined as a consequence of controversial investigations by a number of independent counsels. Few in Congress disagreed, and the law was allowed to expire."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1999/06/30/as-special-counsel-law-expires-power-will-shift-to-reno/d091aa10-16fb-4939-b8c8-ab3eacf93a25/

https://twitter.com/tedlieu/status/1185721495734996992?s=19