The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1184473071455002625?s=19

Cultural heritage. White people have been white for thousands of years in the minds of white nationalists. I wonder what the Republican Party would score on a one-question true or false test, “White people have been recognized as such for thousands of years.”

I have to say I’m gravely concerned that this stuff appears to be the meat of what these guys are revealing to Congress.

I mean, sure, it’s very bad that Trump is incompetent and the people he hires to high level positions are incompetent and hostile work environments obviously suck, but this is nothing new with Trump and it’s not impeachable now any more than it was the day Mike Flynn and Steve Bannon were extended offers.

It feels like we’re almost to the point where Jessup easily handwaives and explains away the fact that Santiago has not packed his bags or called anyone.

1 Like

A sure sign that I’ve gone 'round the bend is that what triggers me about Trump’s tweets more than anything else is when he says books are “Great”. The idea that people might believe that he is reading a book somehow enrages me.

5 Likes

I’m just speculating like everyone else, but my sense is that his handlers were grateful to provide him with such a distraction. It’s a constant war of giving Trump something to do or say that makes him feel useful so he stays out of the way, then praying it doesn’t yet again turn into a thisisfine.png each time he finds a way to turn something that was supposed to be meaningless and foolproof into a global crisis.

Potential case in point.

1 Like

You have diagnosed the correct disease but are way off on the cause.

Trump is not a monster because he is rich. That may have made it worse but it is a proximate cause at best.

It’s absolutely a cause. How many spoiled narcissistic poors have you met?

5 Likes

“Homeless Guy With a Sense of Entitlement” sounds like a great SNL skit by the by

6 Likes

I used to really like rye bread from Costco. Only problem was you could only buy two huge loaves. So I would buy the two loaves and keep one in my car to give to homeless people at intersections (common in LA). Once offered it to a guy and he said “What the hell am I supposed to put IN the sandwich?” and walked away scoffing at me.

3 Likes

Kinda reminds me of the episode of Curb where Larry tries to do the limo driver a solid by giving him his leftovers and winds up in jail for stealing restaurant silverware

2 Likes

Trump would be an awful human if he had never made more than $50k a year his whole life.

2 Likes

Actually it’s not really like that but it reminded me of that for some reason.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1184540536134406144
( twitter | raw text )

Guy who played the limo driver is a friend of mine!

1 Like

My friend was once sitting outside at a Starbucks when a homeless man approached her, asking for money to get something to eat. She said that she didn’t have any cash but would be happy to take him inside and get him a muffin or something.

He said, “Muffin? I don’t want no goddamn muffin.”

I guess he was holding out for the sous vide egg bites (which for what it’s worth are delicious).

1 Like

Just because we are offering plenty of counter-examples to answer your challenge does not mean your point is any less apt :+1:

I don’t know about spoiled but prisons are absolutely packed with narcissists just like Trump. My dad had full blown NPD and it pretty much kept him poor despite him having talent.

1 Like

I really really doubt it. There are plenty of utterly worthless assholes who are straight up not employable. Often because they are utterly worthless assholes. His capacity to cause harm was obviously greatly increased by being born a billionaire.

But trust me he was always going to fuck up his own family. If he had the social skills to have one, which I’m not convinced of.

1 Like

Prisons are probably full of em. I think it’s likely mainly biological, but Trump’s environment has allowed him to escape many of the consequences and probably inhibited any control of his affliction.

1 Like

David Correia, the fourth defendant in a campaign finance case involving business associates of President Trump’s personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, has been arrested after flying into NYC airport to turn himself in, federal authorities say.

This brings me immense joy in what is otherwise shaping up to be a joyless day for me.