The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

Probability that GOP senators are okay with this?

1 Like

I think there are probably at least 20 that are a-okay with it in defense of Trump, and every single one of those is a military nuthugger.

They are all ok with it. You might get someone like Mitt who will be deeply concerned but he won’t do shit about it.

3 Likes

This one is really gonna move the troubled meter guys.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1193716259944304646
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1193716405771931650
( twitter | raw text )

I don’t get this, man. Have you looked at who Vindman is? For the GOP senators, he is their literal wet dream of what an American immigrant should be. If they aren’t behind him, they will be absolutely exposed for the frauds we already know they are. It will be pounded over and over how bad this is in hearings, and the GOP won’t be able to run away from it. You either think this guy dedicating his life to this country is a hero, or you think he’s a traitor for doing the right thing about a guy who has only cared about himself.

Still, this firing needs to have actually happened and is not just some kind of outside media trial balloon in order for that to be in play.

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1193658272202534921?s=19

1 Like

The hashtags write themselves:

#DevinNunesScandal

The rest are too much of a waste of my time.

Many people here think that Republicans have already been absolutely exposed as frauds, so they think that this changes nothing.

3 Likes

They don’t care. It’s about appeasing Trump and staying in power.

I mean why would this be the red line? Because he fired a Vet on Veteran’s Day weekend? Like they give a fuck about that.

I have to believe his advisors strongly suggested he not fire the Lt. Colonel. Pretty clear nobody around Trump anymore has any ability to reign in his worst impulses.

This is a double edged sword as it can lead to him to do some horrible things but will likely fuel his demise.

Remember when we were all like HE CANT FIRE MUELLER!!!

He absolutely would have gotten away with it.

6 Likes

Narrator:

Not only don’t get your hopes up that it’s an inflection point, this development is at most a one, two day story with the public hearings starting this week. For good or for bad, the GOP has shown that people who do their duty no longer have a magic cloak around them that protects them from the basest of partisan politics. That’s more a reversion to the historical mean than the breaking of it. But @ me if I’m wrong, would be happy to be.

1 Like

There are lines even these people won’t cross, in my opinion. I think it’s a great inflection point, though. I want to know right now how they feel about this, right at almost the worst point something like this could happen.

I’m betting quite a few of those senators wore the uniform and wouldn’t like that used against them or someone who is a real hero in comparison to them. And if I’m wrong, it’s super good to know that now.

Lol

4 Likes

You get that no one in the GOP actually believes in all that jingoistic “support the troops!” bullshit, right? Only the centrist Dems buy any of that crap.

6 Likes

They are loyal to Trump, not the Constitution. If they were loyal to the Constitution, Trump would have been impeached 2 years ago.

1 Like

No, this is an inflection point. It’s the point where you can tell whether there is any chance on conviction. If this doesn’t move any or many of these GOP senators, nothing will. This will be highlighted in front of the American public and leading into the hearings. It will also inform questioning of certain witnesses who are well aware of Vindman’s capabilities and contributions.

Remember, I’m not talking about the average American public or the monster GOP turds in the House. I’m talking about 53 GOP senators who fellate the military at every opportunity. If you’re going to take down a guy like Vindman, why would anyone in the current military ever want anything to do with you again? It is the very definition of crushing morale, for a guy who makes serving in the military infinitely more dangerous daily.

1 Like

New Netflix series: Politicians in cars getting covfefe

6 Likes