The Presidency of Donald J. Trump v5.0: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes PEANUT BUTTER & BANANAS

OMG LOL

https://twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1192581234553237504?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1192581234553237504&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fblogs%2Fblog-briefing-room%2Fnews%2F469630-comedy-group-swaps-trump-jr-book-jacket-with-fake-title-daddy

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/arictoler/status/1192882744461840384?s=21

10 Likes

Wow when you put it that way I feel like such an idiot. Except wait… I’ve probably given more to charities this year than every single person combined who’s been homeless since January. Ain’t I a great guy? Feel free to break into:

:musical_score:“For he’s a jolly good fellow!” :musical_note:

any time now

Edit: Sorry didn’t see a new thread has been created

1 Like

Holy fucking Jesus Christ. It was conceded in the fucking OP that his voting comment was insane and risible. The fucking OP. It was then restarted several times.

I don’t know how to be clearer

GATES
VOTING
*FOR *
*TRUMP *
*IS *
*INDEFENSIBLE *
EVEN
SUGGESTING
HE
MIGHT
IS
AWFUL!

3 Likes

he’s still a clown if he finds time to whine about what life would be like with only 7 billion dollars or that Microsoft should have had less antitrust legislation so his shitty mobile OS could have taken off

douchebag

human rights come from god
not government
brain-washed puppet

3 Likes

Government Motto: In God We Trust

Therefore human rights come from government, because human rights came from God. CHESSMATE

1 Like

That whole thread is the Twitter equivalent of a 16-car pileup. Can’t look away.

4 Likes

Are any of them funny in a not-cringe way? Hoping there are some solid parodies coming out of this, but don’t have the mental fortitude to wade through the videos and find out

PBS going to air every second of impeachment hearings. Neat.

BBC airing them too.

People only have so much time and energy in the day. I think this is going to grab a lot of focus rubes were spending on Trump’s tweets, Hannity spin, etc. Not that they won’t continue to dip there, but it’s different when it’s your only source of info/entertainment. Most attention will be on the hearings with little left to spare for other political fare.

Two of the most important transcripts dropped today, including the first one from someone who was on the call and they didn’t even get noticed because of the derail (a distraction Trump would be proud of). The point was that overall this was a low news day (so far), but the thread blew up making us think it was a big news day. So, we had to scroll through to find actual news unnecessarily (transcripts, George Kent damning testimony, Hannity flipping out, Trump potentially attending Russia May Day parade, Trump announcing MAGA winners from a Russian rap challenge, Bolton knowing about many relevant meetings, the death threats against two witnesses in the impeachment inquiry).

This could have been a robust conversation in the guillotine thread, but it doesn’t belong here, especially because it has nothing to do with Trump. Datz it.

But wat about CSPAN

Gonna be funny when Mulvaney gets thrown under the bus for coordinating the quid pro quo.

LOL doesn’t CSPAN have a ratings index of less than half a point or something? Maybe less than a quarter. Good for who watches, but I’ll be honest, I might be in a crowd of three or four people who has ever willingly watched CSPAN for more than five minutes

I’ll be watching CSPAN to avoid spin/analysis

Guy on Ari just came up with a decent name for the scandal: Arms for Dirt

He’s a former fed prosecutor and laid out that there’s for sure a conspiracy to commit bribery. Mulvaney is implicated everywhere in this thing. I can’t think of a single witness who hasn’t listed Mulvaney in multiple instance of coordination of EXTORTION, let’s leave quid pro quo behind.

3 Likes

Hey I’ve never met anyone else in the club!

Part of a balanced breakfast

This isn’t even this meme’s final form

5 Likes

In the final form, make it Honey Bunches of Extortion

3 Likes

Oh and a reminder about this whole thing. There are two crimes here, bribery and extortion.

Bribery: Withholding the WH meeting until investigation announcement
Extortion: Withholding the security assistance until investigation announcement

The media is running with them as one and the same, but they are two separate events that weren’t clarified as ultimately being one until much much later. The bribery scheme related to the WH meeting became clear by June 18. The security assistance and meeting wasn’t pulled in as official until September 1 (Taylor suspects the security assistance might be being held over this no later than mid-August), though it was very obvious the security assistance was being held up as soon as July 18. That’s the extortion part of the scheme. They should be two separate articles of impeachment, and I don’t like those being listed under ‘abuse of power’.

So I was unaware of a big part of this settlement. I was just LOL TRUMP CHARITY, we already knew it was a scam and had been closed, etc etc.

However, here is an important Trump admission:

Among Mr. Trump’s admissions in court papers: The charity gave his campaign complete control over disbursing the $2.8 million that the foundation had raised at a fund-raiser for veterans in Iowa in January 2016, only days before the state’s presidential nominating caucuses. The fund-raiser, he acknowledged, was in fact a campaign event.

The president also admitted to using the foundation to settle the legal obligations of companies he owned

Bolded. He admits he stole money that was supposed to go to veterans. Surely that will move the needle with military supporters?

Trump summarized the suit as:

“All they found was incredibly effective philanthropy and some small technical violations,” he wrote.

Some others takeaways.

• The reason the $2 million settlement number is significant is because the suit specifically asked for Trump to settle the $2.8 million he’d stolen from veterans
  • All of the charities Trump gave the money to were charities he has nothing to do with. Do not listen to him when he says these are his favorite charities. The judge specified that these charities were to “have no connection to the president or his family.”
  • Though the board was supposed to oversee the foundation’s expenditures, Trump admitted that it never met over a period of nearly two decades.
  • The judge’s final takeaway: "No one is above the law — not a businessman, not a candidate for office, and not even the president of the United States.”
6 Likes