The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

JT,

We have found 2 families that have daughters that were classmates of my daughter that have been taking things equally as serious as us. One family had two out of state family members die from Covid early on, so they don’t fuck around. The other was the safety manager for a university and is now working for the Washington State Emergency Operations Center and takes shit seriously too. He so into safety that he does a 5 point safety inspection to any hotel room he stays in. Each week each family takes the kids for a day. So Tue/Wed/Thur we move the kids around. It’s been a godsend as most of us are working from home, and they’re all only children, and it’s the only way any of us have been able to get work done.

This has been a savior for my daughter’s summer experience. She’s extremely social and was really suffering not having contact with her peers. Normally she’s in summer day camp and is around all kinds of other kids.

We’re also really communicative when any of us take a risk. One of the families went up to see a relative to get something they needed, but stayed outside with masks on, and relayed that information to the other families.

We’re actually going to host a barbeque in a couple of weeks with everybody. It almost feels normal.

9 Likes

I feel like in 2020 this word should be redefined to mean “embarrassingly overconfident while also being a dick about it” and should basically be reserved for people named Trump.

2 Likes

the closest you’ll get to that is taken over by russians?

1 Like

Not just normal, maybe a chance to thrive like never before by knowing exactly the values and behaviors that bind you together as families and a community.

2 Likes

This is very insulting to Cruella Deville’s intelligence.

https://twitter.com/NewDay/status/1280831684380954627?s=20

Asked how the cost of those upgrades would be covered, Garcia said Congress had already readily “[thrown] money at businesses so that they wouldn’t have to lay people off,” but noted that Trump has called the HEROES Act, which would pump money into schools for virus preparation, “dead on arrival.”

2 Likes

It’s a testament to the times that I thought this video was going to end up with a dipship in a MAGA hat running over one of those people thinking they were protestors.

3 Likes

GOAT waitress

https://twitter.com/johnrizkallah/status/1279919578416439298?s=21

4 Likes

Waitress has been given $17k and counting, god I love the internet sometimes

https://www.gofundme.com/f/a-big-tip-for-an-everyday-hero

2 Likes

Did she get fired?

Otherwise, that seems like a pretty awesome grift.

It’s showing appreciation and support for people who stand up to racists when doing so may risk their employment or wellbeing. Similar thing happened a week or two ago for a barista who wouldn’t serve a Karen without a mask, and now that Karen is trying to claim 50% of the $100k raised.

If it encourages other in a similar spot to do what’s right, it’s good by me. Would only be a grift if the racist was in on it, but that seems pretty unlikely when they get publicly dragged and lose their jobs over it.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1280870947759816710?s=20

Pardon if I’m beating a dead horse but what are the factors that are emboldening people to act like this? I’m well aware that racists have been swimming in the pond forever, but given the absurdly high probability that you will be recorded, what’s giving them the courage to do this? Again, yes Trump is doubling down and protests are being demonized by the media, but most of the racists I know (yeah, get new friends Chupa) are still using dog whistles and code words when they express their opinions. And this isn’t some member of Y’all Queda in this video, I mean look at that sweet jacket. I’m a sweet summer child, but I had no idea that a few weeks of protests would cause a lot of whites to be all like, “F*** it, I’m going HAM against (insert targeted race here) and I don’t care who knows about it!”

1 Like

WOW!

pompeo REBUKES trump!

mistakenly refers to him as “China”!

huge news!

12 Likes

I think in this case the guy is just an enormous piece of shit. Several prior arrests including for domestic violence. Also, he seems drunk and could definitely be a legit alcoholic.

5 Likes

QUICK ASIDE

SHEP SMITH TO CNBC.

4 Likes

there has NEVER been a mass shooting inspired by the hateful rhetoric of joe biden!

3 Likes

Nope, that’s Ryan Gosling from Breaker High

1 Like

Please go unhinged Shep. Fire as many shots at Fox and Trump as your complicit overlords will allow.

2 Likes

That will be tough on CNBC. He’d have to be on MSNBC for that.

2 Likes