The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

Opportunity Zones are, like all things related to commercial real estate and the tax code, a complete joke.

They allow for deferral and eventual partial forgiveness of capital gains tax for investments in certain areas, but of course (much like EB-5, another commercial real estate scam) the boundaries were drawn to include obviously fantastic development sites in rapidly gentrifying areas.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1285896367534223361?s=20

Heā€™s got video too

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1285942688760696834?s=20

1 Like

Good God, that list.

There are emails proving he lied. Any prior president would have been forced to leave office for this.

2 Likes

the military has covid, chicago will not vote for him

trumpā€™s playing 4d chess here

Iā€™ll allow Kasich to speak but only if he basically renounces being a republican and does a good job explaining to general person who never pays attention to politics why he or she shouldnā€™t vote for trump. Otherwise, yeah he shouldnā€™t be speaking obviously.

2 Likes

same house around here has a weā€™re all fucked and just updates the year on the sign.

This is more than Iā€™ve seen any dem signs in my nowhere town though I did see

make america think again 2020 from a clear not trump supporter on a van in another place

Riverman is right, Opportunity Zones are a giant fucking scam and it should be no surprise it originated with Kushner. Itā€™s not even just partial forgiveness of cap gains, you get a tax free equity stake in the project too. Ostensibly it was for lower income census tracts, but thereā€™s a provision that allows each state to select so many tracts that are adjacent to these. This, in many cities, results in enormously desirable areas being eligible. For example, the entirety of downtown New Orleans - an area that has seen billions upon billions invested in the last decade - is in one of these zones. Basically the giant area bounded by the Superdome, French Quarter, Lower Garden District, and the Mississippi River is eligible for this horseshit.

Oh, and even if you know what all this is and how it works, small investors are locked out because they force you to be accredited.

Another day, another avalanche of Twitter dunks on Chuck Todd

1 Like

This is the correct answer. We donā€™t need a god damn Repube to lend us his legitimacy for fuckā€™s sake! Thatā€™s loser thinking and thatā€™s why having these idiots speak at our convention makes us look loserly. If you support us, renounce the Old Ways and say so. Otherwise, step aside we have work to do.

3 Likes

If weā€™re going that route, I say we really lean into it and bring in Justin Amash to go full, ā€œyouā€™re damn right I voted for the impeachment, and based on the last 6 months, hereā€™s why Iā€™d do it a few more times!ā€

1 Like

What the

https://twitter.com/joshuapotash/status/1285853129884553217?s=21

2 Likes

The DNC should invite one of Trumpā€™s ex-wives or Mary Trump to be a speaker.

5 Likes

Looks to me like Soros and the SJWs have arrived and that with them comes an overwhelming sense of lawlessness and a reason to leave town.

1 Like

seems this is deleted

This is good

Mary Trump. Now that has teeth

I understand the sentiment but the convention is a rare chance to grab some attention in the news cycle and for love of all that is holy make the case for people to vote for the Dems . It would be (another) huge mistake to bellow ORANGE MAN BAD! over and over again when you will actually have peopleā€™s attention for a few days.

Maybe Iā€™m stupid, but Iā€™m ok with Kasich getting involved only because I think he probably still sways some voters in Ohio and Ohio looks to be in play. Iā€™m pragmatist to a fault after 2016.

And as far him using it to run in 2024, good luck getting the necessary deplorable vote in the R primary after crossing dear leader.

Oh no big deal then, Iā€™m sure heā€™ll just become pro abortion and cool it on the homophobia and union busting no matter where this profile boost lands him