The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

starve em out. make them expose themselves to the pandemic.

3 Likes

Maybe 70% of the previous additional amount or roughly $400 instead of $600. That may be too optimistic I guess.

That’s my read as well. Basically, some sort of cap so that you eliminate the current situation where someone makes more via the topped up uninsurance program than they made at their job.

https://twitter.com/eliehonig/status/1285694611671977986?s=21

2 Likes

Gotta be a punch in the golf-gut that his usual strategy of delay and bluster ended up not working out. Who could have guessed?

1 Like

Lol, Trump telegraphing a pardon to Maxwell so she doesn’t roll on him is an unexpected development.

3 Likes

He’s praying to god Jizz doesn’t produce the tape of him doing unspeakable things to Melania Knauss after he roofied the shit out of her.

2 Likes

Amazingly, he somehow looks like Cobra Commander. Tell me I’m wrong.

Not only that, but Pence bears a striking resemblance to Destro.

1 Like

Can we talk about the decorating in Steve Schmidt’s house?

2 Likes

The ambassador’s deputy, Lewis A. Lukens, advised him not to do it, warning that it would be an unethical use of the presidency for private gain, these people said. But Mr. Johnson apparently felt pressured to try. A few weeks later, he raised the idea of Turnberry playing host to the Open with the secretary of state for Scotland, David Mundell.

none of the next four Opens are scheduled to be played there.

Still, the episode left Mr. Lukens and other diplomats deeply unsettled. Mr. Lukens, who served as the acting ambassador before Mr. Johnson arrived in November 2017, emailed officials at the State Department to tell them what had happened, colleagues said. A few months later, Mr. Johnson forced out Mr. Lukens, a career diplomat who had earlier served as ambassador to Senegal, shortly before his term was to end.

Although Mr. Trump, as president, is exempt from a federal conflict of interest law that makes it a criminal offense to take part in “government matters that will affect your own personal financial interest,” the Constitution prohibits federal officials from accepting gifts, or “emoluments,” from foreign governments.

Experts on government ethics pointed to one potential violation of the emoluments clause that still may have been triggered by the president’s actions: The British or Scottish governments would most likely have to pay for security at the tournament, an event that would profit Mr. Trump.

Executives who run the Scottish Open, for example, said in 2017 that they would most likely not hold the tournament at the Trump family’s Aberdeen golf resort, even after direct appeals by Mr. Trump.

“Politics aside, Trump would be an ideal venue — but you can’t put politics aside,” Martin Gilbert, the chief executive of Aberdeen Asset Management, which is the lead sponsor of the Scottish Open, told reporters.

1 Like

Lol imagine a world where a private business is like, “being associated with the president of the united states would be so damaging to our brand it wouldn’t be worth a favor from the president of the united states.”

14 Likes

This was a hot Twitter take a while back and mostly everyone was just citing the death total from the Iraq War, which is of course a terrible thing, but it doesn’t take into account circumstances and value over replacement. My position is that if you swap Trump and Bush’s presidencies, we get a worse response to 9/11 from Trump and a better one from Bush on COVID, so yeah Trump is the worse of the two.

8 Likes

Barefoot, or penny loafers without socks? There’s no wrong answer here

Some country we have here.

3 Likes

Since day 1 literally the only thing being reported is him wishing maxwell well and how they both lived in Palm Beach, I think they are already regretting it.

This has to have the qanon crowd befuddled.

Based on how he’s handled other issues, Trumps response to 9/11 would have somehow involved nuking France while simultaneously causing daily terrorist attacks on US soil.

3 Likes

No, $400 is a pretty common discussed number even in regards to the republicans.

I think the $600 laid bare how out of touch all our lawmakers are with most of the American public. They assumed because they viewed $600 a week as peanuts that so did everyone. Not knowing that is a huge amount to most americans.

The proper response is not to start giving people less due to this revelation, but instead to realize most Americans get paid way too little and address that.

3 Likes

Thinking about it–kinda ridic they’d be the same SCOTUS judges in this term.

1 Like

There’s a better argument they get paid too much considering the rest of the world. It’s just the top here is absurd and that gap is untenable.