:eye:

11 Likes

Kevin Kruse - One Nation Under God

iirc he went into it in this book. I might be conflating something and it might be more like late 19th Century when anti-abortion laws became ubiquitous in the US - abortion having previously been largely legal. (and common)

God damn I missed the best one it sounds like. I’m sure Q turns against him as a confirmed pedo now right? Right? Wait nm.

1 Like

Has any reporter ever called him out for repeatedly touting Veteran’s Choice legislation passed under Obama?

Nah it was pretty short and extremely boring. He was low low energy the whole time.

I’m excited to find out what this “strategy” is in two weeks!

1 Like

“I wish you well”

It’s the lie that Daniel Dale gets worked up most about. Don’t know if anyone ever confronted him about it. Probably not.

1 Like

I mean, I signed up to be a volunteer for the vaccine trials. So I’m definitely taking whatever is available.

3 Likes

The funny things is that he will stay mostly with the script for two day. Max. Then he will say something that the will make the handlers regret this path. But I get that they have to try.

1 Like

It would depend on the specific political use of abortion. This is the sort of thing I’m drawing on, abortion as an organizing principle for the religious right.

But the abortion myth quickly collapses under historical scrutiny. In fact, it wasn’t until 1979—a full six years after Roe —that evangelical leaders, at the behest of conservative activist Paul Weyrich, seized on abortion not for moral reasons, but as a rallying-cry to deny President Jimmy Carter a second term. Why? Because the anti-abortion crusade was more palatable than the religious right’s real motive: protecting segregated schools. So much for the new abolitionism.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/religious-right-real-origins-107133

2 Likes

Lol, I also read Donald Trump is threatening to punch himself in the head if he doesn’t get what he wants.

So Trump talking was boring?

He did the low energy read off the page thing, then took like 5 questions, wished a serial pedophile sex offender well, and abruptly ejected.

18 Likes

So no suggesting ingesting poisonous chemicals? He has really grown in his time off.

1 Like

Genius move to distract from the COVID crisis by making today’s news cycle about how he wished well to the right hand woman of a known pedo

4 Likes

Yeah he’s basically checked out.

Seems as though he’s trying to tank his own election. I mean it was clear he didn’t want to be president from the beginning. No surprise that he’s doing what he can to lose.

Can anyone translate this for me?

“They’re thinking about doing 70 percent of the amount. The amount would be the same, but doing it in a little bit smaller initial amounts, so that people are going to want to go back to work.”

Unemployment maxed at 70% of what your pay was? I was wondering what he was talking about as well.

Today is the day he became president.

6 Likes