The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

If by “cause” you mean for any reason Trump desires, then yes, “only for cause”.

6 Likes

The idea behind the 10 year term was to limit politicization of the FBI but Trump blew through that requirement without hesitation, claiming sole authority over executive branch personnel. Should have been immediate grounds for impeachment.

Biden will probably keep Wray because he seems honest, but I personally wouldn’t mind if he appointed someone interested in a bit of post-Trump reform (ie, the arrest and prosecution of Trump and all his stooges).

Haha I love fauci getting the first pitch. Trump is going to be pissed.

4 Likes

Yeah, but watching Trump bounce the pitch 30 feet in front of home plate would be fun.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/ZachMontellaro/status/1285331871937835009?s=19

If you have $25 million to donate to anything, you have way more money than anyone should legally be able to have.

5 Likes

Just the fact that you remember that shows how much better the right is at messaging. It’s so deflating. like it’s really just a big charade and they are all in it together.

4 Likes

Wait you voted for Romney AND McCain?

LOL olds. Never voted Republican in my life. First election was Obama in 08’ when I was had recently become odl enough to vote. Though I sat out 2012 because I was so disappointed in Obama I felt like both sides were just corporate whores so I sat out 2012. I mean I wasn’t wrong, I didn’t realize I needed to vote for and volunteer/donate to progressives in the primaries to help though.

No ive been anti establishment with both parties since i was a kid. Voted libertarian when i was in my early twenties and then green or write ins when i got older.

2016 was the first time i voted either major party for president. Trump turned me into a pragmatist…fuck trump…

3 Likes

Yeah voting for weirdos is definitely a privilege given to us by sane politicians.

Better weirdos then sane mass murderers…course trump is kind of both and there is the problem. A least he is not as war mongering as i thought he would be, so far.

Sometimes better not to vote at all.

1 Like

Nah thats no way to go. There were a few good non weirdos i voted for here and there. And most likely since Biden won my state already ill be going back to the weirdos. Howie Hawkins seems ok and im not into running up the score this time.

If i was in a swing state though id vote Biden. And will vote dem for any office they can kick a rep out of.

Plenty of people here saying they won’t vote in November because it’s solid blue or red.

1 Like

Though i disagree cant really blame them in some ways. The US system just might be fubar and voting at all gives it a legitimacy it should not have.

I agree that the system is probably fubar, but the level of voting in the US is already low compared with even other fubar-ed democracies—the ‘legitimacy’ it has now is not the result people voting. Personally I vote because I don’t think it can hurt and there’s a very tiny chance it might do some good, though certainly not because I think it will do very much.

That said, my boss doesn’t vote because he thinks the risk of being put on some list for reprisals is, whilst still very low, higher than the chance of doing actual good. I suppose that’s something to keep in mind these days.

I mean i vote so obviously i dont agree with the argument but i dont think its near as weak as people make it out to be. Not voting Biden or at all out of protest for an evil system is a vote in itself against that system. Problem with that is you get lumped in with the apathetic and non political and your protest is lost in there.

If you’re not going to vote then spoiling your ballot paper is a better option imo.

In the recent GE here, one ballot paper in a Scottish constituency that went to a recount (because it was close) was judged to have been a vote for the candidate marked as being “less of a wanker than the others”. :grinning:

5 Likes

lol Dubya voters

7 Likes