The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Unconstitutional Slop

Nothing puzzles and infuriates me more than people who are definitely smarter than me who are all aboard the Trump train. I get it, smart people can be racist, but it just blows my mind.

1 Like

I’ll grant your point if we’re talking about one specific domain for an individual. Michael Jordan probably not suffering from DK when discussing free throws, but he may be terrible at self assessment when it comes to things like acting decisions and whether to endorse McDonalds vs Burger King

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/07/19/coronavirus-us-failure/

America’s mishandling of the pandemic has defied most experts’ predictions. In October, not long before the novel coronavirus began sickening people in China, a comprehensive review ranked the pandemic preparedness of 195 countries. The project — called the Global Health Security Index and spearheaded by the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security and the Nuclear Threat Initiative — assigned scores to countries as a way to warn them of the rising threat of infectious-disease outbreaks.

With a score of 83.5 out of 100, the United States ranked No. 1.

How did the nation get caught so flat-footed? By not really trying, said Beth Cameron, who helped lead the project for the Nuclear Threat Initiative.

The federal government punted the coronavirus response to the states, counties and cities, said Cameron, who was senior director for global health security and biodefense on the White House National Security Council and helped write a pandemic response plan under President Barack Obama. The team Cameron led was disbanded after Donald Trump took office.

“I just never expected that we would have such a lack of federal leadership, and it’s been deliberate,” she said. “In a national emergency that is a pandemic, spreading between states, federal leadership is essential. And if there was any doubt about that, we ran that experiment from March and April until now. It failed. So we have to run a different experiment.”

Worth noting that number 2 on that list was none other than the UK.

1 Like

To be fair, I always assume the UK came in second at best. Close enough?

Or when he assesses his own ability to evaluate talent and run a team when he has to draft, trade, and pay other players…

3 Likes

This is something I have noticed too among the handful of rubes I’ve not yet completely erased from my life because I basically can’t. It seems that the insane information overload cuts both ways. Fox was able to hone in on and hammer EMAILZ and BENGHAZI for months and months on end but even they can’t do that shit now because Trump’s lunacy sucks up all the O2 plus now there’s this pandemic

So the October Surprise this cycle will be the GOP governors finally giving the whiny libtards their way and doing stay at home orders, crashing Dem turnout? Notbad.jpg

Or baseball skill…

Lol how long have you been waiting?

I don’t know what in the hell their ranking metrics were, but they sucked.

Any algorithm that has the US at #1 (or even in the top 10) of ANYTHING health related is laughably flawed.

And that’s BEFORE you take into account this clown show of an administration.

1 Like

As a supposed “Corona Bro,” the answer is always 2 weeks.

1 Like

Oy. We sometimes sneak victories:

Citing his stint as NBA Owner/ “GM” would be the most relevant example. He is historically awful.

ETA: just noticed my pony had DK.

Hey, be fair, we definitely lead the world in at least one metric.

2 Likes

You really needed to see his baseball swing. He had legit zero MLB potential but there he was playing baseball in the prime of his NBA career.

That is a great analogy

Oy, any argument hidden behind a paywall loses by default

“I don’t think I’ve proven I can make the team,” Jordan told writers that spring, as reported in TSN’s Chicago White Sox team notes. “That’s just being honest. … But I’m not going to give up. I’m trying to squeeze five years into eight weeks. It just hasn’t happened the way I wanted it to.”

I don’t really think he was too delusional there.

I had more MLB potential than him. In other words, it was a legit waste of his time.