The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

Probably ponied but Central Park is huge and legit beautiful. I was at NYU for at least a semester before venturing over and was floored by how huge and lovely it was. It makes zero sense that it exists the way it does. There’s also a great zoo in it and a little castle thingy.

1 Like

Yes Central Park is great. The loop is still one of my favorite runs. I also took my dog to the Bramble once - even managed not to threaten any black people by calling the cops on them.

3 Likes

well yeah you’re mosdef why would you threaten to call the cops on someone for also being black?

Probably trying to make some news other than coronavirus. She can go on and whine about the liberal media and the deep state or whatever and make some headlines that aren’t about 100,000 people dying. Shes a random idiot who can’t inform you of anything and this is all you get and all of that is on purpose.

1 Like

Wtf is crossfire Hurricane again? I want to keep my conspiracy bingo card up to date.

Its just the super cool code name for the original fbi investigation into trump-russia

Original ny times stories

1 Like

Trump probably misheard the lyrics to “Jumpin’ Jack Flash”. I bet multiple people have corrected him on it and he refuses to change his mind.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265756765389418496
( twitter | raw text )

I know you’re not making this argument, but, as TheDuker pointed out, there has already been a ton of mail-in voting and no widespread fraud.

Plus, as the Washington SOS points out in the NYT article I linked above:

You are a Republican, you support vote-by-mail, and that’s a little bit unusual right now. Why do you think so many Republicans object to voting this way?

Ms. Wyman: Well, I’m not totally sure. I think that some of it is the perception that a lot of people have that vote-by-mail increases the potential for fraud, and that it could really just be this high level of activity of fraudulent behavior. My response has always been that actually vote-by-mail has a lot of security measures you can build into it. And we have done that here in Washington.

At the end of the day, all voting systems are like banks. You build a lot of things in to protect from fraud, you build in a lot of measures to detect it but, ultimately, if somebody wants to commit fraud or if someone wants to rob a bank, they can. And then we have measures on the back end to prosecute that criminal activity. So you hope to deter it and you hope it doesn’t happen, but if it does, you have ways to deal with it.

And finally, the specific situation the Dilbert asshole mentions is safeguarded against here in WA:

How does the elections department process my vote by mail (absentee) ballot securely?
It is essential to the integrity of an election that ballot processing be accurate and transparent, while maintaining your right to a secret ballot. After you return your voted ballot, your county elections department follows this ballot counting process:

1. Your signature on the outer return envelope is checked against the signature on file in your voter registration record to make sure they match.
  2. You are credited for voting in that election. This ensures that only one ballot from each voter is counted. [This is how you can make sure your douchebag friend didn’t trash your ballot: you can check this step online.]
  3. The outer return envelope, which identifies you, is then separated from the inner security envelope, which contains your voted ballot. Your ballot cannot be traced back to you, ensuring the secrecy of your vote.
  4. All ballots are inspected to make sure the tabulating machine will be able to read all votes. Tabulation equipment is tested before every election to make sure it is working accurately.

The above steps continue with all ballots until the election is certified.

Frequently Asked Questions on Voting by Mail

P.S. Fuck Scott Adams.

2 Likes

According to my googling, the phrase “cross-fire hurricane” is actually part of the song?

Class 5 hurricane is part of the song.

I’m saying Trump confused it and refused to acknowledge the correction no different from how he still thinks the Spanish flu pandemic was in 1917

Hard to rig voting machines if there are no voting machines.

5 Likes

The lyric is absolutely “crossfire hurricane”.

It’s even the title of a Rolling Stones documentary:

1 Like

I went back to the googles and dug some more and I’m still convinced cross-fire hurricane is correct, not class 5. Can you produce evidence to the contrary?

Edit: Oops, ponied. Sorry for the pile-on.

I know the Stones. Nobody knows the Stones better than me. I know them better than they know themselves and it’s clearly a Class 5 Hurricane. Embarrassing!

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265768877427851265
( twitter | raw text )

It sickens me when Trump does the right thing for the wrong reasons.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265774767493148672
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265774770877902848
( twitter | raw text )

2 Likes