The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

True but this seems like pretty strong support, assuming the data is real. The rest of poker players would have to skew enough right to counter this too.

Data source: Campaign contribution data from the FEC.

Riverman specified pro poker players and the general consensus seemed to be agreement with him.

I forget who said it so apologies for the lack of credit, but a recent poster described the error in logic as an inability to grasp proportional relationships from small datasets to larger generalizations when those small datasets are all a person is aware of.

As one or two unnamed posters routinely show us ITT, this is as much a fault of those on the left as the right. (DUCWIDT)

I thought NYPD were famously Dem. No.

I was referring to Clovis’ exact statement.

1 Like

Even guys most people would consider “liberal” are mostly insufferable. Doug Polk, for example.

I thought Doug Polk was a Trumper.

I just assumed he was a libertarian.

What percentage of players do you think are pros (i.e., winning enough to support themselves)? Hint: it’s low.

That’s b/c the USA sucks. Very few actual liberals, tons of Polks. Still to the left of your average Republican though.

Oh I have no idea. I know a couple small city cops and a couple staties and they all swing hard right. The one FBI guy I know was an accountant in a past life so I just assumed he’s generic Romney republican though his gf who is a good friend is more left than me who wouldn’t put up with that nonsense so idk. Small sample size obv.

Clovis didn’t say average Republican, he said “average American”.

Lol every poker player in our PLO player pool around here is libertarian or trumper, with the exception of one Iranian immigrant, one recreational Jewish player, and myself. That’s a pool of ~50 people.

When I travel, the table talk around politics is nearly identical.

1 Like

Jesus, ODNI. Way to blow up your own spot.

An average American is either undecided or a very slight lean left. Pretty sure Polk is a no-brainer Biden vote which still puts him left of the average American.

I just remembered my 10/25 game during the 2016 election. The game is me and 2 other pros (both “libertarian”) and a group of guys from a nice country club. One guy’s family sold to AT&T for 2 billion. His brother is one of the owners of the OKC Thunder. One guy does O&G and is 8-9 fig net worth. One guy owns some kind of medical billing company and is so loaded that his wife won’t fly commercial (NetJets VIP). Etc.

During the election, the rich guys were lamenting how much it sucked having to vote for Trump, but they were all pulling the lever cause taxes ldo. The guy whose brother owns part of the Thunder voted for Hillary because he has a wife and daughters and isn’t a monster. He got made fun of for years.

2 Likes

Get me in your games please. Probably play easier than .05/.10 PLO on BetOnline.

3 Likes

This man claims to weigh 244 pounds.

3 Likes

It depends if he’s full of shit or just hot air.

7 Likes