The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

For literally any defendant who isn’t a friend of Trump, when the prosecutor tells the judge there isn’t sufficient evidence of conviction, the judge dismisses. The naked corruption you speak of is a totally new problem for the judiciary. They have to balance stopping Trump with protecting low level defendants whom some judge may not like.

Cat’s Cradle will always be my favorite book.

4 Likes

This is on the level of, “haven’t been following actual information concerning the Flynn case.” This is some fox news shit.

5 Likes

Logan Act prevents undermining the position of the US government to foreign governments. While it’s broadness is troublesome, um, if that’s all you have them hell yeah you should use it when someone violates it in a shockingly corrupt manner.

Re: kidnapping being illegal, it’s not when you do it as NSA to the President. But you knew that… your obtuseness knows no bounds. The law says Flynn can have Gulen kidnapped and sent off to be executed for $500k unless you stop him by using this law I don’t love… then Flynn is dumb enough to commit perjury on top of it… SK says we should have let Flynn abuse the law to kill someone because he doesn’t love the way we stopped him.

And I’m sure SK is doing everything he can to get those perfect laws in place, so that we can stop horrible acts like Flynn’s under the precisely drafted language… lol, jk he is trolling people on a message board.

It’s funny, I was listening to a Stacey Abrams interview. Wasn’t a fan of hers but she was on Maron and I was out of podcasts to listen too. She was saying she was a very practical person and always sought progress wherever she could, never letting the perfect be the enemy of the good.

She also said she had no problem with people who insisted on the perfect as long as they were putting in the work to strive for perfect… it’s important to have that too. What was not acceptable was an insistence on perfect as an excuse for inaction.

It made me reassess myself… and well, I’d like to thank you for being a great example to understand what she was talking about.

4 Likes

Go on

translation: “I’m losing my fucking mind.”

1 Like

This is not the prosecution telling the judge there is not sufficient evidence to convict.

2 Likes

Amplify the message. Fucking moron.

Donny is having an episode.

Consider this homework you should do for yourself. There’s like 200 places/podcasts/articles that go into the weeds on Flynn, the investigation, his sweetheart deal, etc. Everything is totally crazy. Hell, read the briefs recently filed for the appeal.

In a vacuum what Flynn did seems like totally normal transition stuff. Oh hey, don’t freak out about this thing, hang tight, our incoming administration is going to have a different policy. This is the sort of diplomacy that transitions ought to be doing. Now of course that same diplomacy could actually be a corrupt and illegal transaction, but you’d have to have evidence to prove that, which the FBI seemed to conclude that they didn’t have. So then Strozk latched on to the Logan act violation to interview Flynn. If the FBI could prove some sort of corrupt arrangement then prosecute that.

I’m not going to go listen to 200 unnamed podcasts on this subject. If you have a specific article you’d like to link to I’d be happy to read it.

And even if it were in a no profile case, the dismissal would get scrutiny because someone done messed up bad, and the judge will want to know if he’s been lied to.

The judge deliberately put Flynn under oath to lock him in just in case he was planning to purjure himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2020/06/24/trump-mount-rushmore-fireworks/

2 Likes

Also, the logan act is not unconstitutional and should be used more, as least in extreme cases like Flynn/Nixon. This is a minority legal position, but something should be done.

Even if the logan act is unconstitutional a court needs to say so in some context. Things don’t get improved as long as a law appears to be doing its job.

Trump burning down Mount Rushmore is near final story arc we need.

14 Likes

Of course he’ll rake the forest himself before the big show.

4 Likes

Just listen to mine! Mash the like and subscribe buttons!

23 Likes

New thread for Flynn stuff

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276199680938921985
( twitter | raw text )