The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

Bluebeard is low key my favorite Vonnegut. I’ll have to check this one out. I read some interesting stuff about how the Iowa Writers Workshop and I guess Vonnegut was/is a CIA op :thinking:

1 Like

I can honestly never tell if Keed is trolling. I mean this has to be a troll, right?

Right?

RIGHT?

2 Likes

Probably. And I keep falling for it

Sure maybe Flynn broke a bunch of other laws. If so the prosecutors and FBI should have investigated those actual crimes instead of bullshit they ended up charging him with.

Didn’t he plead it down to cooperation and the lying to the FBI charge? It was part of the deal i thought.

4 Likes

Logan Act may be feckless but it’s on the books and not a more quintessential example of why we need something even stronger than a scumbag incoming National Security Advisor accepting bribes from an authoritarian government to kidnap a US resident.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276173394053156865
( twitter | raw text )

3 Likes

I should’ve known I’d end up getting a reading assignment. I’ll put it on the list.

crazy

9 Likes

15 Likes

I am SK, I refuse to participate in the political process because it is disgustingly corrupt. Also, a shockingly corrupt act should not be prosecuted under an anti-corruption law because it has been sparsely enforced…

I am SK and I am very smart!

11 Likes

Looking forward to that late November article from N8th8Gr8 post-hoc theorizing how a dozen A+ polls with peerless methodologies could be off by 20 points.

4 Likes

you shut your whore mouth! :joy:

3 Likes

I think we already have laws prohibiting conspiring to kidnap people.

And I’m certainly not arguing that we need something more stringent than the never enforced and likely unconstitutional Logan Act. In this case it’s even more absurd, since incoming senior administration officials of course need to be in contact with diplomats during the transition, and one of the things they’re going to be discussing is signaling how their foreign policy might differ from the previous administration.

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololo

7 Likes

5 Likes

The Logan act is an anti-corruption law? Ludicrous. It’s an authoritarian attempt to silence speech critical of the government, a sibling of the Alien and Sedition Acts.

This reads like a Trump tweet, only slightly more coherent. Like, we could all see:

FREE FLYNN! He’s a Patriot! NOBODY convicted ever for the never enforced and likely UNCONSTITUTIONAL Logan Act. Sad! MAGA!!!

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276183263774674944
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1276184906159271937
( twitter | raw text )