The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: retweets WHITE POWER, condemns Black Lives Matter, regrets criminal justice reform

This is really bad. Facebook is a complete breeding ground for deplorable, right wing, boomer brainwashing. I doubt you’ll have the courage to share this. Hit share and type “Amen” in the comments to prove you’re a real American Patriot.

13 Likes

9 Likes

“There’s just nothing good about this, and particularly in an enclosed arena,” said Karen Keith, a Tulsa County commissioner who oversees the area where the rally is supposed to take place. “I don’t want people to lose a parent. I don’t want them to lose a grandma. I don’t want them to lose a family member over this.”

Ms. Keith said that the rally was likely to draw gawkers and protests outside the BOK Center, the arena where the event is planned. A large overflow crowd could be accommodated at a convention center a block away, where Mr. Trump said on Monday that 40,000 others would congregate for his speech.

“That virus, I guarantee you, will be present at the event — someone will bring it,” said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. “The Covid virus knows no political affiliation. What it does love is large groups, indoors, close to each other for prolonged periods of time chanting and yelling.”

Mr. Trump said on Monday that criticism of the rally was the result of the news media “trying to Covid Shame us on our big Rallies.”

A spokeswoman for Tulsa’s health department said investigations of “recent outbreaks” were focused on “large indoor gatherings.”

“Like any other public health official, I’m a little angry,” Mr. Dart said about the rally. “Frankly, I’m afraid for a lot of people. It hurts my heart that we know this is a possibility and we’re doing it anyway. It’s like seeing the train wreck coming.”

Oklahoma, which Mr. Trump won four years ago by 36 percentage points, began lifting restrictions on businesses on April 24 and moved into Phase 3 of its reopening on June 1, allowing summer camps to open and workplaces to return with full staffing levels.

But the state’s governor, Kevin Stitt, said Monday that he had asked Mr. Trump and Vice President Mike Pence, who plans to attend the rally, to consider a larger, outdoor venue to accommodate the number of people who have requested tickets to the event. Ms. Keith said she had had conversations throughout the weekend about alternative venues for the event.

“We’re going to make sure that people have hand sanitizers, that we do temperature screenings and also make masks available to people that are attending the event,” Mr. Pence said Tuesday morning on “Fox & Friends.” “But look, the freedom of speech, the right to peacefully assemble, is enshrined in the First Amendment of the Constitution. And the president and I are very confident that we’re going to be able to restart these rallies.”

2 Likes

Not a fan of the “Chariots of Fire” ad. No reason to give Trump any ground to play the victim.

What’s everyone’s game plan for election night? Not sure I can bear to watch. Leaning towards drugging myself to an early slumber and awaking to see what happened.

3 Likes

Zero chance they switch to outdoors or take any precautions right? This is gonna be such a huge clusterfuck

but look, freedom of speech

2 Likes

So the police are going to start teargassing and shooting the crowd with rubber bullets (extra points for head shots) while they wait in line, right?

3 Likes

Just saw a commercial for an interview on Sunday night on ABC of John Bolton by Martha Raddatz. Can we get @Riverman to live blog it for our entertainment.

1 Like

There’s no way I don’t sweat it with every single one of you who is online.

7 Likes

Well young people have been fleeing Facebook for years. Its basically all Boomers now (and a bunch of small businesses).

FREEZE PEACH!

Definitely no infringement on the right to assemble peace"fully" lately.

I usually play poker on election night so I could see people’s reactions in real time. We’ll see if that is an option this November.

I can’t take anymore of these polls getting my hopes up. Can we just call a snap election, so I can get gutted already?

In 2004 I was a junior in college. I went out drinking, talking shit and being wrong as usual. Ended up in Republican friend’s room screaming at him for caring more about animals than poor people (which remains true). Tough scene.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273061883399098368
( twitter | raw text )

True!

9 Likes

https://twitter.com/icp/status/1273006980039356419?s=21

16 Likes

I can’t get over the fact that the first large gathering of people in an indoor venue in months is a campaign rally for a sitting president. It’s a lock that someone will die as a result of this, right?

I’ll be a bit disappointed if someone doesn’t.

5 Likes