The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Last night, Hillary was at 10c. Now it’s 12c. Did it really go up 2c because of Trump’s tweet? Holy fuckamoli this is a dumb population we have.

1 Like

A rare glimpse inside Trump’s mind reveals he has repressed his secret desire for Captain Kangaroo reruns

Cap%20Kang

1 Like

What’s up w/ Graham’s flip on Ukraine? Doesn’t make sense.

Can you link something or summarize? What did I miss?

https://mobile.twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1181593502167261185

Plus he invited Rudy to testify.

1 Like

He’s inviting Rudy to testify to help give credit to Biden corruption conspiracy.

2 Likes

There are Democrats on that committee. If Rudy shows up he’s an idiot. They are going to get to ask him all kinds of questions about his attempt to manufacture dirt on a political opponent while operating in the name of the POTUS.

#1 is in LOL territory because they don’t care about optics, given that 40% of the country is getting its news from Hannity and company.

Good to know that if we manage to have free and fair elections and manage to win them, there’s a chance that the next AG will bring charges for all of the subpoena-ignoring.*

.* But more likely they’ll decline to bring charges in the interest of singing kumbaya and healing the nation, and we’ll set the precedent that Congress does not have any enforceable subpoena power. **

** Until the Republicans decide it does and use inherent contempt to throw some Democrats in jail for something silly.

1 Like

In regards to Congress jailing people for inherent contempt. I think we need to stop playing like scared money and go all in. If these same types of psychos get back into power were fucked anyways after we nuke the filibuster and do what we need to do because they’ll go no holds bar. Their base will probably be revolt level rage if we nuke the filibuster and make changes they realize will make the odds even.

I think we shove on getting the Senate and presidency and legislature in 2020 and nuke the filibuster and pass a shit ton or campaign reform, voting laws, redistricting etc. And just bank on these same psychos not regaining power until the party makes serious changes. Which if they do. I think a new, more rational GOP will realize these were extraordinary circumstances.

That said I think it should wait until we fully vote on impeachment and the Republicans try subpoena power as well because of right now that excuse is gonna be good enough for low info or undecided on impeachment voters.

4 Likes

he’ll refuse to answer

btw is it illegal for a “witness” and congress committee members to collude with prepared questions and answers?

This is a good post. The Dems have to go on the offensive and not quit that mode until they have either utterly won or utterly lost. Playing defense isn’t working at all. This is a huge part of why I’m so pro Warren. She strikes me as a good wartime boss.

2 Likes

Definitely something Pelosi is likely to do.

Just kidding.

Pelosi and eDems having Bill Barr’s property impounded and sold at auction is hysterical. Like, we complain about Pelosi and Dems being spineless so all the lawyers tell us that there’s no way that Congress should jail people because reasons, but maybe they could/should/would take away all their stuff? C’mon. Never. Going. To. Happen.

1 Like

I don’t think betting on Rudy “I can’t shut the fuck up” Giuliani to not answer questions in a hugely incriminating way is a good play.

1 Like

Sir, I was told you singlehandedly saved American Steel. Why is Turkey making the structural steel frame for our F-35 Fighter Jet? #UnmatchedWisdom

1 Like

Again, this is in a world where the Dems in Congress can’t enforce a jail sentence. Also, I’m reasonably certain Congress could force someone like Sondland into essentially unlimited violations as long as he keeps refusing. He’s not that rich.

There is no way to know until they try. They definitely could and should, so why are you so intent on talking about whether Pelosi will do it?

Yep, this, it’s been obvious for months.

And I don’t want to hear this “But where will they jail them?” nonsense from Preet Bharara or anyone else. This administration is throwing immigrants in cages under bridges. As far as I’m concerned, get some fence, build a cage in front of Congress and throw them in and let the House Sergeant at Arms guard them. Give them the same standard of care they gave the immigrants and see how long they last before they’re begging to testify. Soap? Toothbrushes? Sorry, not necessary, we don’t anticipate you staying there for more than a couple days. Your frozen microwave dinners are still frozen because you don’t have a microwave? Sorry, we don’t have a long enough extension cord to get one out to you. But that’s a very nutritious meal! It’s cold at night? Sorry, it’s still warmer than las hieleras. You’ll be fine!

They’ll be testifying in under 24 hours.

4 Likes

Well there are two categories here. What they should do and what they will do.

What they SHOULD do is throw their asses into a holding cell, using their inherent contempt powers.

What they WILL do is write angry letters.

I think they’re more likely to throw rich, powerful white men in a holding cell (aka a nice room in the House) for 24 hours than they are to seize all of their assets permanently. So discussing that fantasy is pointless.

Build a cell, throw them in it, see how long it takes. And the cell can be in the basement of the House somewhere in a nice room with a microwave, a heater, a toothbrush and soap… But they should sit there and stare at the walls until they’re ready to testify. And they should get perp walked out in front of Congress a few times a day to get some fresh air and sun.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181622998228508672
( twitter | raw text )

I think what Congress does is primarily driven by public sentiment. As someone around here likes to emphasize, this is a political process. Constantly belittling people or otherwise attacking people who want to talk about what Congress should do because it may be unlikely doesn’t really help push public sentiment toward the outcomes we both agree should happen. So stop it.

2 Likes