The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Infiltration takes a lot more time than we have. We need to move extremely quickly now… and treating establishment Dems like they are acting in good faith is foolish because they aren’t. We need to be honest about how screwed up the Democratic Party is.

The party insiders are on team status quo just like the establishment Republicans are. That’s not how you win elections.

1 Like

Maybe. It depends on what comes out of it.

The whistleblower scandal has made a huge dent because it’s an easy-to-understand and easy-to-discuss narrative. But for a lot of people

1. finances and taxes are incomprehensible, so they won’t even try
  2. what matters to them is influence and power, not the actual money (ie [or is the eg?!] Trump is now President, so isn’t success irrelevant to how he manages his money?)
  3. any accusations about Trump’s taxes are just both sides playing politics

I’ve got both barrels ready to be chambered if the taxes reveal something that’s clearly and directly incriminating, but anything that requires nuance isn’t like to do anything. It has to be clear and direct. That’s the biggest strength and weakness of the Mueller report. The nuance is what overwhelmingly demonstrates Trump is a corrupt criminal, but the nuance is also what makes the report impenetrable to so many.

Even the whistleblower scandal has but the barest touch of nuance, and you can see how easily a lot of people are already using that nuance to dispel the cognitive dissonance that would require them to admit Trump is a corrupt criminal.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1181242821375864832

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181249853801877508
( twitter | raw text )

Is it though?

2 Likes

I’m praying that the judiciary’s lust for power will override any of their lust to please Trump. Corrupting the meaning of things like “shall issue” and “shall not be infringed” diminishes the power of the courts. Care Bear stare that this is a bridge too far for them.

And what happens if we lose the elections you think are turning the tide? They’ll suppress so we don’t win. I’ve said over and over the proper strategy is going to take until at least 2032, if even that. The burn it all down and start over side has no answers for how to win in the system we have, because if we burn down the Dem party we’re left with a salivating and evil GOP which absolutely will have a plurality for the rest of our lifetimes. Surely you don’t want that.

It’s crucial to keep the House in 2020, but not how Pelosi’s doing it. I would rather go out fighting and lose, than try to play prevent defense. We need to be on the attack, and get this shit in front of the American people to wake up the apathetic people. We’re in a ‘moment’. This is absolutely not the right moment to burn it all down.

So now we basically wait to see if John Roberts says that Trump can indeed shoot someone in the middle of fifth avenue. I’m not holding my breath.

There’s no way they’re overturning ‘shall’. That would undo how many years of legal precedent? Every contract ever written would be void. Not going to happen, not even with this sham of an SC.

“I’d like to see Trump try to wriggle his way out of this!”

11 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1181251003129180166
( twitter | raw text )

I’m with you, nunn. Ready for nothing to matter, but living as though it will.

It’s the meme that keeps on giving :(

1 Like

Do you think the vote would be 9-0?

So what happens when Trump refuses to turn up for his Impeachment?

1 Like

You’re probably right about that. I was thinking more about how it would expose all his other crimes. I’d bet everything I own he’s been engaging in money laundering, tax evasion, and numerous other criminality his whole life

Dude we’re not going to lose vs Trump. That’s the reason why this is the moment to be greedy as fuck. Warren in particular is not going to lose vs Trump, particularly not after this last couple of weeks.

The only way we lose is if they actually can steal the election through directly interfering with the voting machines, and if that happens the game’s already over.

There is never going to be a better moment to reboot than right now. That’s why I’m all in for Warren (whose focus on systemic corruption is exactly what the Democratic party needs right now) or Yang (whose current supporter base contains damn near 50% GOP voters and could really landslide this thing as a result… and with that landslide actually get some of his very populist ideas done resulting in even more electoral victories down the road).

Everyone else is either too centrist to try to do the right thing, corrupted (sorry skydiver… but your boy is from all the establishment places and taking all the establishment money), or has a long history of not executing (sorry bernie bro’s).

This thing needs to be done from the top down by a popular president that has the same kind of power over Democrats that Trump has over Republicans. We can make the establishment Dems do as they are told after winning in 2020. That’s what we should be shooting for, not waiting for 2032.

We aren’t going to make it to 2032 as a Republic. We have 4-8 years to go tops. The next GOP nominee after Trump is going to literally be Hitler and he’s going to be very hard to beat if we aren’t in a very good position politically.

I can’t overstate this. Right now there’s some early 40’s charismatic sociopath who sees what Trump has done and is thinking “I would do that so much better…” He’s going to be our opponent in the 2024 or 2028 and he’s going to be very hard to beat. He’s going to be a lot like Trump except his IQ will be about 50 points higher and he’s going to be a natural born politician with a good sense of how politics works. And he’s going to waffle crush us if we haven’t unfucked the electoral process or become massively more popular than we are right now.

We don’t know his name because he’s probably going to come at us from business not Washington.

1 Like

As I understand it, Dems at present are saying they’ll roll that into charges of obstruction and will rope in anyone who participates in obstruction.

Our only hope is that they use “shall” in their subpoenas and hope a judge says true, true, upheld, now on to the Senate for acquittal!

1 Like

I think it would be ridiculous if it were anything but.

You’re being way too optimistic here, and this is coming from me.