The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

This pic from his wiki page seems most accurate.

Yeah it is painfully obvious that Ukraine was worried about getting their security aid if they did not tow the line.

In fact they all acknowledged that was happening in those texts even if one of them tried to cover it up.

I’m listening to Preet’s latest podcast where Caller #2 asks “why don’t we just lock these fuckers up for contempt of Congress?” and the answer is maddening. “There is technically an option for that spelled out in the law but it would cause a big headache and would be divisive and might even cause drama and no one even knows where we would house them.”

I’m now officially on Team We Are All Fucked until further notice, man. Turbo-fucked. There are zero mechanisms in place to stop subpoenaed witnesses like Rudy from dropping trou, farting into the mike and walking out the door. Literally, if this happens they don’t have any kind of process in place, they don’t have a clue where they would even house an uncooperative witness. Like I guess it hasn’t occurred to the Sergeant-At-Arms that this sort of thing might actually happen and we should be ready for it. At the end of the call, Preet mentions that this sort of thing may have happened in the past but he isn’t familiar with it BECAUSE HE HASN’T BOTHERED TO EVEN LOOK IT UP. He knows this is a theoretical exercise and not a thing that will actually happen.

These ghouls are going to lie to Congress and they will tell Pelosi to go fuck herself and none of them will be held accountable.There isn’t even a jail. No one has even thought about the possibility that we might need a jail.

7 Likes

Wow dropping names and receipts like “I’m just gonna leave this here.” No “BREAKING” or other hype. I like it.

Seriously, download the latest episode of Stay Tuned With Preet and listen from 3:00-7:00. Preet talks about the option to lock these fools up for contempt in the same way I hear researchers talk about the Majorana fermion: interesting to think about in a very abstract, theoretical way, but lol we’re not ever going to see it, that would be absurd.

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/jbarro/status/1179962468677931009

https://mobile.twitter.com/hannahwanebo/status/1179962921985687552

This twitter user encapsulates what the pay for play guy did in that exchange.

1 Like

I thought of Silicon Valley guy

4 Likes

one of my favorite parts of reading the mueller report were all the footnotes at the bottom of evidence from text exchanges like “tell your friend that I talked to T about more black caviar opportunities” that explain multiple people testified under oath that they all understood they were talking about a Ukrainian oligarch, trump, and illegal cash payments

2 Likes

How dare you blaspheme the sake of our lord and savior Stephen Toblowsky

2 Likes

Welcome, but it’s team Hyper Turbo fucked now. Like, last rebuy level, 4 bullets in, should leave to beat traffic but don’t because lol degen, shove 80% of range, hyper turbo fucked.

5 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1179960316244959238

They are doubling down on the stupid.

What context changes the gravity of those texts. It’s absurd.

1 Like

Judge

Jury
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/03/ron-johnson-ok-trump-asking-china-investigate-bidens/3855795002/

Executioner

1 Like

Fuck Preet, fuck NYT, fuck Nate Silver, fuck popehat, and many others. They gain all of their goodwill by being reasonable when shit is normal, but they are actually the Reverso side of the broken clock proverb. When time stops, they keep spinning like automatons. They aren’t actually measuring time–just doing a scripted cosplay.

12 Likes

I’m tired of people thinking that divisiveness is a bad thing.

3 Likes

There’s not even a jail, man. A former SDNY prosecutor who does a podcast on the Trump investigations is flummoxed at the notion of holding people in contempt of Congress. Where would we even hold them? Preet doesn’t know, no one knows, it’s not ever happeneing. Rudy will have to testify truthfully before Congress, and if he doesn’t we’ll throw him in a jail that doesn’t exist. This is serious business shit here.

Barr’s quip to Pelosi about “Did you bring your handcuffs?” was so on point. She doesn’t have handcuffs. Dems have no clue where they would go to buy a pair of handcuffs. They’ve never even considered it. Maybe Whole Foods? That adult store near Ben’s Chili Bowl?

12 Likes

6 Likes

The deliverable is the statement they wanted the Ukranian president to give. They were essentially writing it, trying to get him to approve it, and then trying to get him to say it. In other words, they were trying to make him a puppet of Trump. I don’t think he ever did it.

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Consider how many people out there are like Volker. In possession of receipts, probably should’ve notified someone earlier, but the legal consequences of failing to do so are negligible compared to what they could be liable for by going to war with Congress to support a cover-up that’s already blown. The risk vs reward is just so far tilted towards risk. Career guys just trying to avoid getting fired, political appointees who didn’t realize they were getting roped into a major scandal, they didn’t sign up for this kind of scrutiny. Barr might not prosecute them but the next administration might.

Guys like Pompeo are in too deep, it’s different for him. If Schiff’s strategy was to rely on getting him to talk nothing would happen, not just because he wouldn’t talk himself, but because guys like Volker would just continue enabling Trump’s abuses if they knew they’d be under the radar as long as guys like Pompeo stonewalled. The reason this scandal has been moving is because we don’t need Pompeo to talk. We knew Volker’s name and what evidence he had without Pompeo’s help. We know there are more phone calls inappropriately stored on a secure server with logs showing who put them there. For the first time we know what we’re looking for and who we can pressure to turn evidence over. The floodgates are open. Don’t confuse a few of the more desperate people scrambling to stem the flow as a sign that they still have any control.

1 Like