The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

Converstations back and forth with “coo” was one of their calling cards.

3 Likes

lol the President listens to Nickleback, what a fucking herb.

1 Like

I like Nickelback, and that’s not a joke. They remind me of the value of silence.

5 Likes

But seriously, what if we end up in a King Ralph situation where this exposes a near-infinite line of corruption and impeachment for one political figure after another until the last person you’d expect ends up with the position? I guess you guys understand that I’m really asking how many people need to be impeached before nunnehi’s plan to become POTUS reaches endgame

4 Likes

NIckleback is this weird cultural blindspot for me where the only thing I know about them is that everybody is supposed to hate them.

6 Likes

Animaniacs was such a groundbreaking show. I know everyone creams themselves over Pinky and the Brain, but I always thought Animaniacs was funnier and more sophisticated.

2 Likes

The leader singer Chad Kroeger was briefly married to Avril Lavigne.

Now you know two things about Nickelback. Reply YES to subscribe to more Nickelback facts.

3 Likes

I’ll never forgive Nickleback for ruining rock music. They took it to such an extreme level of derivativeness and obvious greed that the whole genre jumped the shark and never recovered. It used to be my favorite genre of music too (although I’ll admit this was largely because I was a teenager and my parents hated it lol).

I went to a decent sized rock festival a couple (three now?) years back and watched a bunch of bands I was really into in HS and couldn’t help but wonder what I ever liked about their music lol. Korn just hasn’t aged well for me musically lol. Thankfully the rap didn’t go that way. It’s almost like if you were a rock act and your key man survived the 90’s you did it wrong.

2 Likes

Way back in the day, I did the audio laybacks for Pinky and the Brain. I assisted on audio laybacks for Rocko’s Modern Life, even got a few credits for it. The post supervisor liked to just randomly choose a couple of people each episode to add as ‘Support’. It was about the only nice thing about him.

You have successfully subscribed to Nickelback facts! Being subscribed to Nickelback facts is the only hell worse than actually listening to Nickelback.

3 Likes

Approximately 15% of my time in college was spent getting high and watching Animaniacs.

3 Likes

I’m far more jealous you worked on Rocko than P&B, but both are cool experiences. What period were you in? Late enough that you could appreciate the impact of what you were working on, or early enough that it was just a job with potential?

Mods are asleep. Let’s enjoy the LC thread 2.0 ITT.

1 Like

Elmyra GOAT

But when I wake up tomorrow I won’t remember that at all. I don’t know any of their songs, although I’m sure I’ve heard them many times. The video of the guy with the picture seems vaguely familiar at best as some sort of meme I don’t really get. Whatever music was playing in it was immediately forgotten seconds after it ended. The band for me is a black hole of awareness. The only thing that ever escapes is how everybody is supposed to hate them.

[quote=“MrWookie, post:9099, topic:91”]despite the fact the movies mentioned wouldn’t be considered suitable for the show’s supposed young audience.
[/quote]

There is a long and storied history of children’s television shows throwing out adult references just for the parents watching along with their kids. I think Sesame Street were the OGs of pulling these kinds of stunts:

Animaniacs was that sweet spot where they were ostensibly a cartoon show for kids but also they had a lot of stoner teens watching so they tried to push the envelope as hard as they could just for the lolz. They definitely slipped a few amazingly inappropriate gags past the FEC:

2 Likes

This is all you need to know.

I’ve never seen them in person, but reports consistently say that Nickelback puts on one of the best live shows of all time.

I really hope these are the last dying days of this thread. The subject of this thread has an ungodly amount in common with Nickleback.

2 Likes

All of season 2 (1994), probably at least part of season 3, though I’m less certain of that. The show was mixed out of house, and they would send over a 24 track audio tape of the mix stems. Our 24 track didn’t have a remote control, and was in another room. My job was to set it up and make sure everything stayed ‘locked’. I was on the phone with the mixer during set up for the layback, and I never got to see an episode while working on it :(. I was essentially the remote.

Sheena Easton got mad at me when I was working on this once. She asked where the bathroom was while I was sitting in the hallway, and didn’t like me telling her about an easy shortcut.

I did the audio laybacks for season 3 and 4 of Pinky and the Brain. That was another one that was mixed out of house, and we did the online editorial for the show. My job was just to get the audio of the show on tape correctly. Oh, I almost forgot, I actually did something mix wise for the show. They wanted me to add a knock to a door. I had my assistant do the knock (we workshopped it out to be 4 knocks as natural), and I mixed it in. I have no idea what episode that was, but if anyone who knows that show has an idea I’d love to find it.

That might be all the money he has left after all is said and done.

Is Nickelback that band that shows the Playboy girls pretending to lip sync even though you can tell they give zero fucks?