The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: ORANGE Gettin' PEACHed, Nation Goes BANANAS

According to the whistleblower’s complaint

2 Likes

He’s already at 93% among Republicans.

So we have this

https://twitter.com/yamiche/status/1177217724784750593?s=21

And we have every Repube on the committee demanding an apology from Dems for daring to suggest that this clown was violating the law. They are in another plane of existence.

How much do you think impeachment proceedings would have to move Trump’s approval rating (538 average at like 43% right now) for conviction by Republican senators to be palatable?

Yeah, people forget how he won and how improbable it was. All those folks who voted for him hopefully or naively, they’re gone. His racist base is not enough to win reelection.

2 Likes

That is interfering. It’s illegal.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177256808072671233
( twitter | raw text )

I don’t disagree with any of this, except I don’t think there is much “give” left in Trump’s support as far as energy is concerned. In other words, I don’t think there is much difference within the universe of Trump’s support between “die hards” and others who may not turn out for Trump if he’s impeached.

https://twitter.com/brhodes/status/1177255808775708673?s=21

It’s kind of the wrong question. Even if Trump’s approval rating is unchanged, 43% of the vote is not enough to win an election. You need to peel off some Trump disapprovers and not have your opponents’ supporters turn out more than yours. Downballet GOP candidates have to avoid losing any Trumpers while also being successful at those two things. You can keep the Trumpers by protecting Trump, but then you’re on the record giving him the green light for monumental abuse of power when you try to roll out the deeply troubled act to woo the Trump disapprovers.

EDIT: To clarify, there may not be a point at which ejecting Trump is palatable. Hard to see how you can win that way after all that’s happened. But that just means impeachment can be a no-win for GOP even if the outcome is Trump remains in office.

1 Like

I think you mistakenly think getting his base on board is the key to any of this.

The point is that republican senate is never ever doing the right thing.

They literally hate democracy.

Their base does too.

2 Likes

Think Trump is more likely to kill himself than resign. Even if he gets removed from office, he might barricade himself in it and refuse to leave

Ah, OK. So you’re not saying that the inquiry is likely to generate enough outrage among Republican voters to make conviction palatable for Republican senators, just that it will make Trump marginally less popular and make the 2020 election go better for Democrats? Sure, that’s plausible. Although I’ve said before that I think the effects of impeachment on the 2020 election are difficult to predict, and I still think that’s true.

Am I in crazyland or is everyone forgetting he will almost certainly be indicted within a month of leaving office which means he will have to be dragged out. He will never resign.

Yeah, I have no idea wtf is going on that liberals think, “We finally got him”.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1177260939235643392
( twitter | raw text )

Wat

That’s not what I’m saying, for Trump to have to be removed, you’d have to get Republican Senators on board. To make that happen, I think we all agree that they have to feel like their political life is at stake if they don’t vote him out. That boils down to support for Trump within the Republican constituents, essentially. If they don’t turn out, Senators lose. Trump being massively unpopular is one good way to keep people from showing up.

"Dear Melania and your son, Barrel,

Sorry I had to resort to this, but you should have seen the knot I made to tie the noose. The biggest, most beautiful knot you’ve ever seen. Some people, including many amazing ship captains, are saying I should’ve gone into sailing based on looking at this knot. My uncle was a sailor and he always said I had what it took.

Also I’m leaving my estate to a prostitute.

Take care,

Donny 45"

12 Likes