The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

Through Rikers Island

22 Likes

Seems weird. Is the campaign really that broke or is it something else?

1 Like

She was speaking in gibberish and said something about her mom trying to get her arrested and that canā€™t happen again, and her mom wants to get her sent away to residential.

This feels so gross, clearly she is troubled and itā€™s almost certainly due to having awful parents. Itā€™s hard to tell whatā€™s what.

Theyā€™re probably that broke and trying to concentrate on PA/MI/WI and hope he holds the rest. Heā€™s fucked if the polling isnā€™t way off or there isnā€™t a shit ton of cheating.

4 Likes

Shameā€¦ Right right right

CompassionateSneakyArcticduck-size_restricted

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/JohnnyMcNulty/status/1313328021093462016

13 Likes

Nobody thatā€™s a leader would not do what he did.

1 Like

One thing that keeps making me chuckle tonight is the thought that, at a minimum, the NYT has more tax articles ready to go. Iā€™m guessing theyā€™re holding off because they donā€™t want to look like theyā€™re taking a low blow at a hospitalized POTUS.

But 24-48 hours after people are convinced heā€™s recovered, theyā€™re going to drop that piano on his head.

I also highly doubt theyā€™re the only ones with more queued up. I suspect the DNC/Biden have something, Project Lincoln almost certainly does, and random leakers are always in play.

As Riverman has pointed out, Biden has a big lead. Keep Trump on defense and he is fucked.

28 more days to keep him on defense and we have:

• His covid pozz timeline and exposing others
  • Likely at least a few more days of pozzed GOPers from the Rose Garden Massacre
  • Additional NYT tax stuff
  • Stand Back and Stand By (Biden can get this into every news broadcast for a couple days whenever he wants)

Even if thereā€™s nothing else, thatā€™s a very solid two weeks of stuff - and I think thereā€™s plenty more.

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1313254221660160000?s=19

Stand Strong and Stand By

7 Likes

Not that it will matter much or stay in the news, but I fully expect Harris to roast Pence/Trump in the VP debate. Your health, Mr. VP!

4 Likes

Pence is a strong bullshitter in his own right. But itā€™s still bullshit. And if Kamala canā€™t cut through that shit with ease, I will be very fucking disappointed.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll be quite interested to see her strategy. I have a feeling sheā€™s going to be coached up not to get as aggressive as she usually does, and stick to a more reserved style like Biden has.

If they give her the green light to swing away, Pence may wish he was in quarantine with covid instead, because sheā€™d tear him limb from limb.

1 Like

Buttigieg is her sparring partner. Idk if thatā€™s a clue to their strategy. Youā€™re probably right that they want the bully narrative to continue but I hope she gets in some hard punches. Iā€™m sick of seeing him get away with his smug sycophantic lies.

On the other hand, Pence may overextend himself throwing haymakers due to the state of the race, and he could do about as much damage to their ticket as a VP debate possibly can.

As much as weā€™d all love to see her delivering sharp attacks about his Handmaidā€™s Tale fantasies for America, his fundamentalist views, his robotic lameness, and being there worldā€™s most pathetic lapdog, I think her best strategy is to stay in the right hand lane at 55mph and mostly limit attacks to his disastrous record on matters of public health.

2 Likes

I think heā€™s probably more familiar with Pence than anyone else and can thus do the best job of predicting where heā€™d go in different situations. I suspect that Pete will have correctly guessed almost word for word some of the lines of attack Pence will use.

I think theyā€™ll be limited to opening salvos that are scripted and traps they set that he walks into. I think if he opens himself up to something on the fly sheā€™ll be coached to pass, but I wouldnā€™t be shocked if she canā€™t resist because sheā€™s damn good at this.

3 Likes

ā€œStand strongly ā€œ? What does that mean? A dog whistle to the Proud Boys? Make leftists overreact trying to parse it? Mussolini reference? Donnieā€™s a good boy that can drink water with one hand and stand strongly? Nice to see most of the commenters were excoriating her.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1313294739731623936?s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NormOrnstein/status/1313316967735009280?s=19

41 Likes

I donā€™t get the brokeness. Why canā€™t Putin funnel funds in via some dodgy businessman?

Probably because Agent Orange has served his purpose and is being decommissioned.

1 Like