The Presidency of Donald J. Trump: Old man yells at cloud, presidential edition.

We really need to fade Trump pozzing Biden at the debate. So far so good. We’re probably past 60-70% of the risk if we make it through tomorrow without a pozz for Biden.

How did the trial define requiring O2? I guess it depends what actually went down, and assuming they’re hiding the worst of it the steroids were probably justified. But if he really got O2 for a short amount of time to get his blood ox from like 90-94 up to 96+ would that warrant the course of dexamethasone?

Or to put it another way, if I was pozzed and went into the ER with a blood ox at 90-94 would you:

A) Give me O2
B) Give me O2 + dexamethasone
C) Monitor me and have me do focused breathing
D) Send me home and have me monitor my pulse ox
E) Other

Of course his blood ox was probably more like 82 than 92, but who the fuck knows at this point.

I don’t think it’s a high enough dose for long enough time to even require a taper (6 mg / 10 days). Dex suppresses the HPA axis rapidly, but recovery is also rapid with small doses over short time. So the answer is most likely hours, not days in terms of the biochemistry.

It has to be 84. That’s got to be The cutoff for “not low 80s).

2 Likes

If I didn’t see the tv commercial for the Broadway / touring production of Evita 1000 times as a kid I might not have gotten that.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1313101764019847168?s=20

21 Likes

Not the person in the headline—this other lady is on my nominee watchlist:

“Katherine Hermes, a business owner who attended the fundraiser, posted on Facebook that she had no plans to quarantine.

“I’m doing no such thing because I am perfectly healthy,” she said.”

extremely damaging for society.

probably the doctors were like, “sir, mr president, sir, you have an active airborne respiratory infection you need to wear a mask in this hospital”

trump: “i don’t wannaaaaaaaaaaaa :(:(:(”

If that’s not Stormy then I am disappoint.

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/status/1313310588903321600?s=20

2 Likes

Nah o2 sats arent particularly accurate below like 88

Would probably give you dex and O2 if you didn’t have baseline dysfunction, keep you in the hospital. Maybe send you home with o2 and a monitor

1 Like

Is the bot broken? I thought i just saw Trump fire off a bunch of all caps VOTE tweets

Nvm they were 16 hours ago

michael cohen’s podcast is named “mea culpa”

he’s trying! i’ll give him that

1 Like

I have such a deep, visceral distain for these assholes. The Trump era has turned me into a much more hateful person than I ever was.

5 Likes

Cohen has a ton to repent for, but in interviews, he certainly seems remorseful. Could be great acting and his bridge to another grift, but at least he’s saying the right things now.

2 Likes

This isn’t who you’re talking about, I assume, but that sounds like Christopher Reeve.

https://twitter.com/pbump/status/1313315133679173633

The vaccine thing is one of the most dangerous ploys yet. Recklessly throwing medicine, science, and public health in the dumpster for a desperation heave political play.

2 Likes

Oh wow, ok. I would have thought it would have to dip lower for the average person to get O2 and dexamethasone.

Yeah when that dex hit he started blasting off those tweets.

1 Like

One of these days I’m going to go back and see how early it was that I called this one. I’ve got some 10/15 MRNA calls but I don’t know if it’ll get announced in time.