The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode XIV: T-minus 97 Hours

https://twitter.com/seanrosssapp/status/1347732854801838080?s=21

2 Likes

Murkowski maybe. Probably not.

There’s talk of Murkowski being Angus King 2.0

I mean these exact events couldn’t have happened until Trump and Rs were nearly out of power but if something similar had somehow happened in January 2020, I believe Facebook and Twitter still wouldn’t have done jackshit.

Ds sweeping to power is like 80% of the reason they are finally acting, imo.

1 Like

That specifically really shouldn’t count as a defection (how do you think she’ll be voting?) and that phenomenon generally is very overrated. Moderate Rs defecting to Ds on aggregate simply pushes both parties further right, imo.

But this isn’t the time for that! Never mind.

1 Like

Grunching, so probably ponied, but Trump tried to evade his twitter ban by using @potus, and the posts were instantly deleted and he was blocked from posting more. Lol he’s going full forum user who has been banned who comes back on an alternate account to try to evade the ban and bitch about it.

1 Like

He released the same tweets as a statement lol

3 Likes

Yeah, so, I used to make the argument like, “Of course white privilege is real and pernicious with deep roots but it’s still more subtle and nuanced than silly ass fantastical ideas like if you’re white they’ll just let you walk up in the goddamn capitol and take the goddamn house speaker’s podium with a smile and a wave like come on let’s be serious here…”

Egg on my face is what I’m saying here.

35 Likes

There have been loads of RW people who were very popular who became ghosts after being banned from YouTube, Twitter etc. When is the last time we heard from Alex Jones or Milo? We haven’t in a while because if you’re not on these platforms you’re basically invisible.

3 Likes

I just realized something. Trump is gonna be too lazy to issue pardons if he can’t use Twitter.

4 Likes

I have to make another Twitter account tonight so I can banned again.

My view is that Impeachment will likely happen, but Removal From Office will not.

Agree, he’s not going to have the reach anymore.

From WaPo, Mitch is saying the earliest the Senate would begin impeachment proceedings is Jan 19th, roughly coinciding with his demotion to minority leader.

I predict no big difference. He’ll golf and figure out a way to get word out that he thinks computer nerds are enemies of the people. No more than a 10% chance he nukes Iran!

1 Like

“Twitter is… where some of the most vicious people are allowed to speak freely”

A) somebody call the ironing police
B) not a bad mission statement for his new social media project

I read somewhere if Trump gets impeached and convicted, he loses secret service protection for life. Shit, I would hate to see him fall out of a window.

1 Like

Oh God, you’ve caught the capitalization bug.

I have too.

I dunno, I get that bad shit is still going to happen but we were on an unsustainable path regardless. The overriding theme of the Social Dilemma doc was that social media was almost inevitably going to lead the a Civil War…the commentators were like I know it seems crazy and hope I’m wrong… but just looking at the facts don’t see how we get to any other outcome… and here we are.

I appreciate that this move finally happening is more akin to a Hail Mary to save society rather than a slam dunk but we need to try it. The only way it really works is if it leads to a substantial decrease in online activity overall rather than the same amount of shit going on in further polarized discussions. Possible but not guaranteed.

From that account. Don’t know if it’s real but lol.

https://twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1347711431953666048?s=20

3 Likes