The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VII: We Are All Going To Die, Thanks Obama!

coup incoming from these guys lol

if that captain was a real patriot he would have scuttled his ship in the middle of the pacific as soon as he found out a sailor had covid

2 Likes

While discussing the latest on hydroxychloroquine this weekend, an exasperated Navarro lashed out at Dr. Anthony Fauciā€¦

Several aides later said they were unfazed by Navarroā€™s outburst, given he has them regularly.

How big of an insufferable douche do you have to be to have this reputation in the Trump administration?

2 Likes

Also another checkmark for incompetent press with headlines of ā€žTrump advisors disagree on Malaria drugā€œ, when you have doctors on one side of this disagreement and the person on the other side has no medical training at all, but papers he claims as ā€žproofā€œ.

Iā€™ve been saying to an american friend here (UK) for while now that it will eventually be the US military that end the Trump nonsense. This episode, Gallagher, Vindman, Khizr and Ghazala Khan, Trumps bonespurs - itā€™s all stacking up. (donā€™t @ me though)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1247185910673952776
( twitter | raw text )

Hereā€™s Trump and Navarroā€™s mountain of studies showing the efficacy of aquarium cleaner:

6 Likes

Economists seem to have the reputation of being an expert in their field and your field too. Just ask one.

4 Likes

Uh maybe you guys didnā€™t hear, but Navarro has a Ph.D. and is therefore more than qualified to answer any question you may have about ā€œmedicine, the law, economics, or whateverā€.

ā€œIā€™m a social scientist therefore am qualified to have an expert opinion on anything I wantā€ is the most social science thing a social scientist could say, so Iā€™m tentatively allowing this into the record

4 Likes

Narrator: It wasnā€™t

3 Likes

Science:

Math
Physics
Chemistry
Biology

Almost science:

Computer science

Not science:

Political science
Social science

4 Likes

I think in the 90s someone put in a fake paper full of buzzwords to a ā€œreputableā€ social science journal and it made it through peer review and was published.

Little bit like the horseshoe theory - Math is art, not science.

2 Likes

Itā€™s happened in other fields as well and is more a function of lol journals than lol social science.

You get an 'ology , youā€™re a scientist.

Oh, I donā€™t know, you enormous shitbag. Maybe because of the GLOBAL PANDEMIC you are supposed to be overseeing.

1 Like

I find it ironic that Trump himself is the hydroxychloroquine of our countryā€™s star-culture. Unproven as an effective public servant, yet many people bought into the hype and injected him into their veins. Others could tell from the start that he was far from the cure for Americaā€™s ills. So it makes perfect sense that heā€™s plugging this unproven drug. Snake oil salesmen gonna sell snake oil.

9 Likes

Trump over Biden is Mayweather over McGregor levels of free money.