The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VII: We Are All Going To Die, Thanks Obama!

I don’t really understand this critique. What was his other option? I guess more executive orders?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1262020427582451717
( twitter | raw text )

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1262024041797386240
( twitter | raw text )

Weird to be calling something the plague when it is no worse than the common flu.

4 Likes

(Plague!)

2 Likes

It’s only weird if you are incapable of holding two obviously contradictory beliefs at the same time.

One of the failures of argumentation with Trumpkins is the instinct to present them with normally appropriate arguments they don’t give a fuck about:

1. Hey, that’s a self contradiction! Guess what, they don’t care. They are willing to hold opposing views A and B if both A and B can be interpreted as owning the libs.

2. Hey, that’s a double standard! Guess what, they don’t care. They LOVE double standards. MAGA means going back to more structural and legally enforced double standards. That’s the point!

3. Hey, that’s contradicted by the data! Guess what’s, they don’t care. They are perfectly comfortable ignoring data, or stopping collecting data altogether.

Some people keep presenting these observations on Trumpkin idiocy but it doesn’t matter. Anyone that seeks consistency of argument, fairness in society, and data supported insights is already against Trump.

19 Likes

Clipboard01

4 Likes

@BestOf

This was nicely put.

3 Likes

What I find particularly frustrating about this is that the Democratic Party seems intent on using arguments that appeal only to existing Dem voters to win over voters generally. It seems hugely self defeating to me. We just saw how well ideas like “when they go low we go high” and “go to my website to read the policy points” works against Trumps baseless appeals to emotion and hate mongering. They risk losing again so they can smugly say they took the high road. Turning the other cheek in a knife fight to the death is a bad strategy.

1 Like
3 Likes

He could have not sent 30000 more troops to Afghanistan, continued the use of private military, partnered with Al Queda affiliates in Syria, deported millions of people, sold record numbers of weapons to Saudi Arabia, approved more fossil fuel extraction, or persecuted whistleblowers.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/KylePlantEmoji/status/1261770515519168512

7 Likes

Ok but we were talking about his negotiating with republicans.

Riverman can get into what he meant. As far as not placating Republicans goes, Obama could have started out by not keeping George Bush’s Secretary of Defense.

He could have also stayed out of Scotland’s Independence vote…

I have no idea, but maybe the military realizes that the USA is going left in the future. Added to that is the debt from Covid-19. Military budgets are going to be slashed…unless the USA gets scared into ramping up spending.

WTF? We can’t afford anything nice in this country for it’s citizens because we spend all the money on the military, and the military still sucks?

8 Likes

Pretty well sums up the country don’t ya think?

8 Likes

When Business Insider says our military is too weak it needs to be taken with a galaxy sized portion of salt.

I remember when we were no match for the Elite Battle-hardened Iraqi Republican Guard. (I’m talking 1991 kids)

3 Likes

All seems a bit coordinating with the op-eds about China taking advantage of the Rona.