The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

It’s never enough to just make an argument that the juror was biased. She has to be the most biased and corrupt juror in the history of the universe.

4 Likes

I am reminded of the arguments put forth in the Weinstein case. The defense brought up an axiom that tends to define sexual assault cases: there are no perfect victims.

The prosecution acknowledged that and made the appeal to the jury that they will set a precedent for whether a victim must be blameless and pure in order for the rapist to see justice. They came back and convicted Weinstein of rape.

Sometimes it’s just one good thing among an otherwise long string of awfulness, but I’m hopeful this is another sign that we are moving in the right direction.

3 Likes

Shout out Obama for putting exactly zero people in jail and showering the finance industry with that sweet sweet blank check welfare. Great job, Barry.

1 Like

Hey buddy, don’t go talking about leftist icon Barack Obama like that. He locked up one guy.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232405794592714752
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1232408152563277824
( twitter | raw text )

This isn’t being discussed nearly enough right now. A survey a couple years ago showed that 40% of Americans couldn’t cover a $400 emergency with cash, savings, or a credit card they could quickly pay off. Losing a couple weeks of pay to a lockdown in a major city would be catastrophic for a lot of people.

Like if they want to lockdown a major city and close down all the businesses, they better be ready to set up breadlines… but then you’ve created a place for coronavirus to spread with ease.

Hey Debbie downer, almost broke 27k today!

1 Like

At least there will be a sweet spot where I get to work from home for a while.

I’m looking forward to the “everyone who can possibly work from home, should” early mandate.

And then when it blows over we all demand more WFH days now that we got a taste of that sweet sweet candy.

8 Likes

Who would have thought the draining of competence by Trump would lead to extreme consequences.

1 Like

You forgot THE STOCK MARKET IS FINE

2 Likes

My nest egg is broken up like this:

55% - stocks and index funds in a 401k I can’t touch for 9 more years.
30% - home equity (that I plan to sell soon)
15% - brokerage account - also in some stocks and index funds

I’m not sure if I should be panicking with the stuff I can’t touch. Maybe time to take some money off the table in brokerage account. If I do put money in cash I want it in Euros not dollars. I plan to be traveling the world for a few years and if everything crashes I predict euros will do better than dollars.

Good argument for going out and blowing part of the nest egg now. At least I know I’ll get value out of it

THE STOCK MARKET JUST CROSSED 10,000!!! ALL THANKS TO YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT EVER!!! WHO WOULDN’T WANT A THIRD TERM OF THIS???

2 Likes

Lol a Mexican stole it obviously.

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MOTHER FUCKER?

1 Like

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT MOTHER FUCKER?

Come on discourse

1 Like

I approve of those double posts Mark :+1:

https://mobile.twitter.com/samstein/status/1232418835149529088

2 Likes

This was discussed as a possibility at a work meeting this morning and I’m already fantasizing about it.

2 Likes