The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

Yeah that is scary. Also why I think its important to not have the bot on ignore. Though I guess you can just get the real scary stuff from us.

9 Likes

We appreciate your sacrifice.

10 Likes

I was going to say this as well. Having the bot on ignore allows you to turn a blind eye to the increasingly scary rhetoric that he is normalizing with every tweet. I fear that may make you more complacent than if you force yourself to see it everyday.

4 Likes

I don’t know if I will keep the bot on ignore, but I was way past the point where I was unintentionally scrolling past everything the bot posts. I have the privilege of being able to look away for a moment. That doesn’t mean I’m choosing to go back into the Matrix.

1 Like

There’s nothing he could tweet that would make me hate him more than I already do,
Nor anything that would change my mind about him or my vote

1 Like

Has anyone ever, in the history of anything, said anything worth reading in ALL CAPS???

1 Like

NO U

1 Like

Now that I think about it that tabbaker fellow who hates me had a pretty good ALL-CAPS RANT a couple weeks back.

EXCEPTION GRANTED!!!

1 Like

Outside of headlines though, nah.

4 Likes

Yes… When your sports team wins, that’s obviously :joy: a ALL CAP MOMENT, especially against your most hated rivals.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theonion.com/july-21-1969-1819587599/amp

4 Likes

I recently ignored him as well, only for a month though. Seeing the language every day was normalizing for me, and I’ve also got to take my own mental health into account. As others have said, nothing he says will change my views on him or his supporters.

1 Like

My device truncates images, so until I click to enlarge it says “DEWEY DEFEATS TRUM”.

4 Likes

In an alternate universe, Trump lost the election and we are making memes like that to mock how easily he was beaten.

Here’s hoping 2020 lets us bring those memes out of storage :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I had a hot take in the movies thread about the movie American Factory that is mostly political so I’m reposting it here:

American Factory just made my blood boil. These dumb, flabby, management failsons go over on a business trip to China in their polos and khaikis with their beer guts hanging out and they’re just gobsmacked by the most dystopian capitalist propaganda imaginable. Like, imagine watching North Korea propaganda videos and being impressed. And the final boss Chinese CEO is so obviously Trumpian that it’s eye-rollingly bad but these corporate American jizzmoppers completely buy into it and whine about how American workers aren’t willing to dig through shattered glass barehanded like their Chinese counterparts.

And what’s extra infuriating is that every single review I’ve read makes me feel like the reviewers watched a totally different movie. Like, I expect reasonable takes from Vanity Fair, but wtf is this shit:

During the American visit to the Chinese facilities, a Fuyao employee makes the case that the American workers have a comparatively “easy life”: eight days off per month where the Chinese workers only have one or two, eight hour days compared to twelve overseas—a culture in which factory workers are less chatty and personable on the job, in which vacation time is severely limited. Americans are lazy, he says. “It’s just your nature. But you’re not bad.”

The accomplishment of American Factory is that by the time this line lands, it’s already been complicated by the movie, so much so that even the guy saying it doesn’t look bad

No, motherfucker, that guy creeped me right the fuck out and none of this shit is complicated at all. Corporate management dudes want to fuck over the workers, tell me why any of this is complicated. Nearly every single review I’ve read talks about how there are “cultural differences” between China and America and if you actually watch the movie, the Chinese factory workers get along just fine with the Ohioan factory workers. The middle-management failsons from Ohio get along just great with their corporate Chinese overlords.

Jesus H Christ, the Chinese management guy is saying that people should have to come to work Saturdays and the Vanity Fair reivewer is all like “Well, this is very complicated, he doesn’t seem like a bad guy.” Fuck off. This is not complicated, factory workers should get Saturdays off, go fuck yourself sideways, you bootlicking corporate squeezetoy.

I was honestly astonished at how well these rust belt dudes were sympatico with their comrades from 5,000 miles away. Seriously, watch this movie, watch how these Midwestern slobs invite their co-workers to go shoot some guns and how the Chinese workers get a kick out of that. Watch how the corporate American failsons pal around with the Chinese management dudes and complain about how lazy Americans are.

I’ve only seen one review of this movie that felt like the reviewer was even watching the same movie as me, and this is it:

That lens distorts things a bit. The “cultural” differences on display include Americans worrying about safety precautions and quality control while their Chinese supervisors wonder why they won’t work weekends. The inflow of international capital brings on real labor problems—enough that talk of a union provides some second-half drama. But American Factory classifies it all as “cultural” misunderstandings. Its Netflix summary underscores this interpretation: “Hopes soar when a Chinese company reopens a shuttered factory in Ohio. But a culture clash threatens to shatter an American dream.”

The problem is, the American workers won’t cooperate with the documentary’s preferred narrative. The “clash of cultures” narrative is entirely one-sided. In every circumstance, Americans make consistent efforts to praise and appreciate their new bosses, coworkers, and exhibitions of Chinese “culture.” It’s clear throughout that every Dayton native is making a genuine effort to be tolerant. In the promo video, Obama admits he expected otherwise, saying “they exhibited a lot more trust than I would have expected.” The sole exception comes when one worker asks why Chinese propaganda has to be playing in the factory lunchroom at all hours.

3 Likes

Who could forget when impeachment came to the Oscars

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226830302485630977
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226835190569414657
( twitter | raw text )

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1226847711703584768
( twitter | raw text )