The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

He and I wish the fascists never had the opportunity to co-opt a much more inclusive slogan.

I’ve been workshopping a meme the Dems can use to win over racist-ass voters in Midwest diners, I think it will catch on like wildfire:

3lmxwd

3 Likes

Like Biden would actually be running a decent campaign if his actual plan to govern was to heel turn and play hardball. Alas, he’s just another corporate-friendly douche.

1 Like

Intellectually I accept that these compromises might have to be made. That being said, as a gay woman who has spent a long time hearing about how ENDA can’t be passed because it will tick off moderate voters who “support equality, but don’t think gay people should get special rights” or has been refused medical treatment because every healthcare bill seems to include a “conscience clause,” I don’t care if you claim that you aren’t pandering to the sexists and homophobes when the end result is that they get their preferred policy.

If you want to tell me to suck it up and deal with it b/c the consequence of being a minority is that you don’t always get what you want, fine, I get that. But you also shouldn’t be surprised when I recognize that my interests are being sold out.

6 Likes

This thread has been unreadable for at least a week.

9 Likes

Is it my imagination or does the squad poll in proportion to the darkness of their skin pigmentation?

5 Likes

True, but Trump’s support is relatively concentrated in the wealthier end of the private sector spectrum where a) they have 401ks and b) have no concept of the meaningfulness of the balances of their 401ks. Like they are very likely to think that they will be 20% richer in retirement if their 401k goes up 20%, rather than thinking “now my 401k will last for 12 months instead of 10 months when I am laid off from my job at age 59”.

1 Like

I assume you’re referring to a tweet a couple of days ago: “196 to ZERO was the Republican House vote, & we got 3 Dems.” ?

I think this must be referring (disingenuously) to the House vote on 10/31 to authorize the impeachment inquiry. Although I’m still not sure about “we got 3 Dems” since the final vote was 232-196.

Way less popular than Trump.

Seems bad.

I gotta disagree. It’s nice to see substantial debate and division within our librool echo chamburrs.

2 Likes

Anyone have any eyes on whether a DNC leader or high-profile surrogate slammed Trump for one GOP senator being so disgusted that he left the party? That another said McConnell saying the Senate’s position will be the WH’s position is disturbing and flat out wrong?

Seems like such easy dunks that I don’t want to assume they didn’t happen just because I didn’t see them. Sweet Summer Child 2020.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1215332241523585024
( twitter | raw text )

2 Likes

Less walls of text more dunking on trumpers imo.

Easy targets are boring though. Trump sucks, we’ve all known that for 4-5 years at this point.

1 Like

The reason Ds suck is because it’s white and/or upper/upper middle class voters want to even things out a little but are absolutely willing to throw the game when faced with true equality/fairness that may truly redress matters and materially affect them adversely. And our leaders reflect this reality.

8 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1215333697177649154

Not for nothing but 409k is the goat all purpose cleanser

4 Likes

Disagree—thoughtful, nuanced, and informed discussion is needed and appreciated, and should be encouraged. I mean, I can throw out a quip here and a rant there, but I really appreciate posters who take the time to make substantive and informative posts, many of which are deeply personal. I think it’s also important if we want to attract new users and grow the site.

This is not to say there’s not also plenty of room to dunk on Trumpers.

7 Likes

It’s the reason I’m here tbh… And liked the old forum too as its helping me on politics…

2 Likes