The Presidency of Donald J. Trump, Episode VI: No Witnesses, One Defector, No Checks or Balances

You obviously message differently in different places. The African American community in particular needs a very specific set of messages. You hit them pretty well with the economic package I mentioned above and you talk about criminal justice reform with them in the slot you were using for the opiate epidemic with whites.

Guys messaging isn’t substance. Why is it the GOP is the only party that’s allowed to use dog whistles? Why can’t we say things a certain way so that black people understand what we’re saying and whites don’t?

I’m pretty sure ‘let’s get these white people on board so we can hook you up’ is something 40+ year old black people can understand just fine. They aren’t stupid, in fact most of them are infinitely more realistic about this shit than you guys are. They also don’t give a flying fuck about trans rights at all.

This was a big winner for Dems in 2016.

This is an interesting thought, but I’m not sure what those dog whistles would look like. Dog whistles work on white people because A) it’s white people doing the whistling, and B) white people have always gotten their way in this country.

I’m not sure dog whistling to a skeptical minority would work very well–it would probably just come off as disingenuous half-ass pandering by white people that want their vote (which tbh seems to be how the modern Democratic party approaches things). Why would they trust it?

1 Like

They didn’t do it very well at all. And they microtargeted way way way too much. And the messages bled across a ton.

When you talk to whites in the midwest you talk about how you’re going to deal with the opiate epidemic in the new crime bill.

When you talk to black audiences you talk about the new crime bill more completely.

That’s a small shift. What the dems were doing in 2016 was not small and it was hamfisted af in addition to being incredibly obviously disingenous. Nobody believed HRC gave a fuck about them.

Because it’s the Democrats, and hopefully the person doing the whistling is also black. This is where your surrogates put in work. It’s whisper campaign in the black churches time. People LOVE semi secret stuff IME… particularly the black community who have tons and tons of cultural stuff that is specific to them.

It also would really really help to fucking mean it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/atrupar/status/1214563116995858434

Cool he can call me a Republican, but I can’t call him out for not having anything to say and being a dick. Great call community. I’m such a Republican. You don’t have to worry about me having another trolly related outburst, I’m not reading his posts anymore.

Call him a repub back then… But you well know I would had hidden that post if it was directed @boredsocial you too.

:v:

https://mobile.twitter.com/blondebastic/status/1213979541254877185

If we’re gonna appeal to racist ignoramus rust belt dipshits, can we at least be good at it? The party decides to go in that direction and rigs the nomination for (checks notes) HILLARY FUCKING CLINTON???

2 Likes

Deleting posts sucks. Not that banning posters is good, but at least that doesn’t leave holes in the conversation.

3 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1214545910757281794

I’d much rather have someone say fuck you to me than call me a Republican. Not even a little bit close. It’s only a little bit better than being called a pedo from where I’m sitting.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point…

My bad… Peace :+1:

Yeah that was fucking agonizing. Jesus Christ.

Also those rust belt people aren’t entirely dipshits. They very accurately assessed how the Democratic establishment feels about them. Turns out people don’t like that.

A lot of you want to write people off because they are racist. I think most people are racist in some way or another and the more important question is why they are racist and how they are racist. You need to know those things to defuse their racism.

We aren’t going to win 50 votes in the Senate losing every voter with a little bit of racism. It just won’t happen.

I didn’t think the post way too out of line FWIW.

1 Like

Trolly is a good poster imo, just snarky/sarcastic. He isn’t calling you a literal Republican here, he’s just pointing out that you’re using language and promoting strategies that are normally associated with the Republican party, because you are. I don’t think your post should have been hidden, though.

3 Likes

It’s probably not warranted, but maybe try giving people some credit and maybe some of these white people see through it when you get paid millions of dollars to talk to wall street about trans rights.

2 Likes

This shit pisses me off because I got a threatening letter from the IRS recently over $6 and change that I didn’t pay somehow.

Right now I think Klob has the persuadable Midwest yambag vote locked down.