The Pozzidency of Donald J. Trump: Typhoid Donnie's Slow Hypoxic Demise **Sweat Thread** (updated 100x/minute)

I didn’t realize it was Infrastructure Week already

1 Like

apparently christie got exposed during debate prep (!!!) and they didn’t tell him (loool everyone hates that fat fuck)

3 Likes

Fundraiser was Thursday

They wouldn’t show up positive yet

https://twitter.com/jelani9/status/1312400750811713536?s=19

17 Likes

I honestly have tears from that one. First good belly laugh in a while.

Just confirmed he got O2 at White House

UP ahead of the curve yet again.

6 Likes

I listened to a few bog-standard political podcasts today, and it strikes me as crazy that there is no real clarity on what will happen if Trump or Biden dies this close to the election. In the case of Trump, is Pence the nominee? Do all the votes for Trump already cast still count? There’s like 2 million already cast and millions more absentee ballots already out there. No one seems to be sure.

FWIW, that seems fair to me. If Biden died, I would assume that all votes cast for him should count for Harris. But what if someone sues and says that they didn’t want to vote for “that woman”? That would shoot to the Supreme Court quickly, right? What would they say?

It’s crazy to me that the US doesn’t have this all written down somewhere. No one’s thought of it? I mean, I can’t get through a season of fantasy baseball without running into some kind of constitutional crisis, but America’s been around for a little while now.

1 Like

By many accounts Padma is kind of the exact opposite of that on the set of Top Chef. There are reports of others on set being told not to talk to or look at her.

I still approve of the tweets, though.

You looking at this the wrong way, the Nov. 3 vote isn’t real.

See https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/19-465_i425.pdf

That tweet was a joke about how often Trump golfs.

Let the record show I was asking this question the first night of this saga. What was that, a week ago now?

I’m aware of our new norms, and the fact that we’re being run like a dictatorship. I just think it’s important to stop and point that out from time to time.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure @realDonaldTrump is getting high load messages.

high viral load

2 Likes

And apparently Trump was diagnosed Wednesday and they tried to hide it until Bloomberg broke the Hicks story… which was probably Hicks leaking it directly to force the Trump news to come to light.

Votes are technically cast for an Elector, so if a candidate dies, it is a matter of coordinating Electors to vote for the same replacement candidate.

1 Like

Don’t a fair number of states have laws that say that the electors must cast their vote in the EC for the person that won that state’s vote?

1 Like

lol no worries, wasn’t specifically calling you out, theres been like a dozen in last 24 hours but as Spartan said i guess it is what it is in this time period.

1 Like

29 do

More specifically, states can require electors to follow state popular vote, and most do. If Trump wins and is alive on Dec 9 or whatever, electors must vote for him, even if gravely ill.

If alive nov 3 and dead dec 9, electors are likely free agents depending on state law. Could they agree on a new candidate and get him more votes than Biden?

If Trump dead on nov 3, ballots have already been printed and millions cast, I’d think it’d be hard for him to beat biden while dead. If he wins while dead, electors mush follow law of state. Probably some Pence, some free agents.

I think if no EC majority by jan 6, election goes to the House. (But with weird ass rules.)

And doctors?

no better time to take away that help from 30 million people

3 Likes

Why not? You don’t think I can find examples of doctors (they are part of the government) lying about the health of presidents?