The Pets of Unstuck

Heisenberg

29 Likes

I would assume so.

This is our Cavachon, Baxter.

We used to always have a black harness on him (the one in the picture), but then someone called it a sports bra and we’ve never been able to get that out of our heads.

22 Likes

How much of the Cavalier personality comes through? Cavaliers are really the most wonderful dogs, our fur baby pictured above is a Cavalier mixed with a poodle for health and shedding benefits. She’s very Cavalier like in her affection and personality, but with a severe stubborn streak that she either inherited from her poodle side or learned from observing my wife’s behavior.

3 Likes

Cuda and Fatass. Not mine. Just two Farside characters I have to sit for along with two other dogs and two more cats. Cuda is an arthritic 10 1/2 old Shepherd, pretty mellow old dog.

19 Likes

These are my cats. The calico is Cato, she is like 14, grumpy, and has approximately 3 teeth remaining in her mouth - she’s my wife’s cat from college. The black one is Coco, she is a dainty little weirdo that showed up at my parents’ back door one day. And the fat orange boy is Professor Catface Meowmers, my cat from law school, who prefers to just be called Professor.

22 Likes

When I met my wife she had a fluffy black cat that was just insanely ornery and grumpy. Years later we got the dog and when our dog was a puppy she just pestered the cat relentlessly. But in a few months the cat would curl up and sleep beside the dog or just snuggle with the dog purring louder than she ever used to. I dont think our cat was ever really happy until she met the dog.

5 Likes

He’s very affectionate, but most of that is towards me, which frustrates the kids. Like, they’ll want to have him in their lap on the couch, but if I sit down he’ll immediately jump off them and come to me. Almost to the point where he’s needy - he needs to be with someone all the time. And when he’s on my lap and I try to read a book or play with my phone, he’ll try to swat the book/phone out of my hand, then turn over on his back with the hope of getting his belly rubbed.

Biggest downsides are that he’ll bark a lot at squirrels/people/whatever he sees outside, and (as I’ve noted in a different thread) he’ll often pee on himself because he’s an idiot. Like, he’ll lift his leg to go, but then pee on his own front leg because he isn’t lifting high enough to get a good angle.

Overall, good dog.

4 Likes

On the left is Meili, queen of my heart and of the house. She’s a 7 yr old chow from a breeder that selects for temperament. She is the sweetest, gentlest, most affectionate dog I’ve ever had, loves people, and is the victim of prejudice wherever she goes. What looks like fangs or drool on her mouth is actually the only two spots of graying hair on her muzzle. :joy:

On the right is Cooper, a 90-lb16-month old holy terror we got from a friend who’s dog had a surprise litter. He’s a silver lab. Our appointment to get him neutered was supposed to be in March and got cancelled due to the shutdown so we have been living with a horny, angsty, hormone-driven “teenage” male lab for 4 months. We were FINALLY able to get him snipped last week, so we’ll see how it goes. He’s the most high-energy dog we’ve ever had.

this picture captures the rarest moment in our house: both together, sitting still, and with enough light you can make out Meili’s face

21 Likes

This is Oscar. My wife’s cat since a kitten and now 19 next month. He is my favorite cat of all time, even though he hated me when we first started dating because her asshole ex husband used to throw him.

And this is Dawkins. She’s about 8 and was rescued from a cat hoarders house where they found multiple dead cats. Shes our survivor. We went to the pound one day just to look around with the kids when they were a lot younger, and she reached as far out of the bars of her cage as I have ever seen a cat reach at a pound before right as my wife was walking past.

She was a shoo-in at that point. She might have PTSD. About twice a day, she completely freaks out and starts attacking nothingness on the wall.

21 Likes

Everyone I know who has a dog talks about them incessantly! Include me. :grin:

1 Like

Sometimes I find it awkward when I have to tell them that I have the best dog in the world, that must be disappointing for other people.

6 Likes

That seems hard to understand given I have the best dog in the world. Don’t worry that mistake happens all the time. :grin:

3 Likes

I don’t have a pet myself at this time but have a couple cute pics to contribute.

The lab is Bella, she’s my mom’s. And the pug is Ollie, he’s my sister’s.

Don’t feel bad for the headrest/pug. They’re best pals and he gets his time on top too.

18 Likes

Just want to let everyone know that I love all your pets and the ones that didn’t get likes were just oversights. Except the rooster. I gave that a retroactive like because I felt guilty but fuck roosters.

8 Likes

Toaster.

22 Likes

This is Timmy a 6 year old corgi, we got him when he was 6 months old from a local breeder. He’s too smart for his own good and does some weird shit once in a while but he’s been a great dog

This is Larry a ??? year old corgi/husky/chow chow/a bunch of other shit mutt. We rescued him last summer, they thought he was about 2 years old at the time but who knows for sure. He is the most timid/scared dog I’ve ever been around, he is especially terrified of men and has a weird cripple leg so I’m assuming men would beat the shit out of him in his former life. I almost compare him to a cat where he likes to go to his safe spots in house and not bother you much, he loves stalking small animals and chasing flies around the house though. Super cute and when he is being sociable he’s great

20 Likes

My dog generally barks at men more than women and if she barks at children it’s a play bark. But it’s not anything than any man has ever done to her. The bigger you are, the more scared she is, the more aggressive she acts. She is relatively quickly won over/assured by a strange large man after an introduction.

3 Likes

Different eyes and different body, but your corgi/husky/chow chow/mutt looks a lot like my GS.

6 Likes

That is a cool looking dog micro, Ive been thinking about getting a German Shepherd next.

2 Likes