The NHL Thread: It’s Back

Huh, you dont see too many Portuguese in the NHL. Nice.

Hell of a series from Seattle. Attaboys

1 Like

If the Devils close out the Rangers this might be my favorite first round of all time

I’m not creative

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Rebecca_Perry/status/1652892077800448001

1 Like

It’s always been the CANES

But it’s not ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Want to hear a great tennis joke

Who’s my favorite woman tennis player?

Whomever wins the first set

Stanley Cup Final last year unless you consider Lightning plural.

Oh yeah, I somehow always forget the Lightning when I play the “what teams dont end in an S” game.

I play hockey, but never watch it and I don’t care about the Bruins. The last game I watched was when Vancouver torched their own city.

My kid, though - somehow this Bruins regular season seeped into her, maybe from kids at school. We watched most of Game 7, let her stay up for the OT. She knows nothing - asked me last night what a hat trick was.

She started absolutely sobbing when they lost. Tiny little die hard fan, out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Awwww, poor kid.

Tell her not to worry, they’ll win someday. Try to do it without bursting out laughing. Also, its ok to lie to your kids sometimes.

Seriously though, that first crushing defeat as a fan can be devastating. I was so sad in 94 when the Rangers won games 6 and 7 against the Devils and then having to watch them win the cup nearly broke my soul.

Not going to lie, I love hearing stories about Bruins fans crying. Thank you.

9 Likes

I have a regular 10am Monday Teams meeting with 2 coworkers, both huge Bruins fans.

They both skipped the meeting.

She’s excellent in math - I told her, “This is sports. Out of 30 teams, only one’s fans gets to be happy. And even they get angry a lot.”

2 Likes

I’ve lost touch with my Bruins fandom since I left Boston, but the pain of Glen Wesley’s open-net miss in 1990 is still with me. So my heart is with those that are broken in Boston.

2 Likes

The saddest moment of your life is the happiest moment of my life.

4 Likes

By far the best game I’ve ever seen in person was the 2014 Western final where LA beat Chicago. We were on vacation in Chicago and decided to go to the game on a whim to celebrate my wife’s birthday. It was disappointing that LA won but the 5-4 OT game 7 was a thriller.

Anyway we took the free shuttle bus back to the loop with a bunch of despondent Chicago fans. There was a sad 7 or 8 year old boy with his dad just staring at the floor and halfway through the bus ride tears just started rolling down his face. At least they won the Cup the next year.

1 Like

You wouldn’t believe the celebration I had the next year though. I was on cloud 9 for weeks.

I’m having a hard time seeing anyone besides Edmonton winning the cup, and I guess they are now the betting favorites too. They handled a pretty good defensive team pretty easily and scored on them freely. And they got help from their role players, and not just McDavid and Draisaitl. So it’s theirs to lose. You heard it here first, I guess.

@Cornboy

Do not show your daughter this video

2 Likes