The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Refs already on their shit. How dare the Ravens try to play offense downfield!

They still aren’t closing that loophole. The rule is an OT in a 2 point stance can adjust their back foot without a false start. OTs have realized that they can “adjust” their foot right before the snap in a way that lets them jump the snap by half a second. The NFL just kind of shrugs it off.

Meanwhile Taylor moves early over and over and they only call it 10% of the time.

1 Like

Do we not have a Gameday thread?

No, just this dedicated bitching about the refs thread.

I made a Gameday thread:

2024 NFL Gameday Thread - Sports & Other Games - Unstuck Politics Forum

1 Like

Heaven forbid the people want a single Chiefs game where they don’t bend the rules for them.

4 Likes

So you’re saying it’s not a false start and people complaining about it are just not going to get anywhere?

Lane Johnson’s done it his entire career.

1 Like

once his foot goes back he isn’t at the centers waist so if not a false start, clearly an illegal formation based on the first drive of the game.

On Ronnie Stanley’s illegal formation penalties he looked like he was even with the rest of the guards and tackle, only his head was slightly back of theirs. It didn’t look illegal to me at all even by the strictest interpretation of the rules.

2 Likes

For those tired of Taylor, the story is someone uncovered a document where Kelce will breakup with Taylor on the 28th. I don’t believe it is legitimate but it is claimed to be by her pr firm.

So you can have hope. Personally I appreciate Taylor’s fandom.

Anything that increases women’s interest in football is fine by me. The Taylor Swift subreddit has their own game day thread. It’s fantastic.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TaylorSwift/comments/1fa01i4/football_taylors_version_ravens_vs_chiefs/

1 Like

It’s better than Kirk throwing it away. On fourth down. Every time.

The one woman I know who ever had a real interest in football no longer watches at all. Mainly this is because of the brain injury issue. She doesn’t think kids should be playing and the sport should die. On the one hand, it sucks for me bc I can’t give her shit about USC anymore. Otoh, I’m slowly coming around to her pov.

2 Likes

Yeah I have mixed feelings too. I love football but the head injury stuff is a runaway freight train that’s going to eventually be its demise and it’s hard to support it most days.

I think football went from being my favorite sport over the past thirty years to falling behind basketball (before football it was baseball).

2 Likes

There may come a time when society is enlightened enough that men no longer want to engage in semi controlled violence for fun, but right now they want to, I enjoy watching it, and I know it can’t make up for the brain damage, but I am at least somewhat comforted that most of the guys doing it are well compensated.

Odds of this, a chest shot going clean through, happening while having the last name Pearsall seem pretty slim.

Actively wanting more people to engage in this violent sport that exploits people is quite the take