The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

As a Seahawk’s fan living in Colorado this has been an excellent couple of years!

1 Like

:leolol:

1 Like

Denver can give. Third round pick for Trey Lance no problem.

Amputations.

2 Likes
1 Like

Now you can’t even win the Super Bowl of the most hated…dam…

1 Like

2 Likes

*does racist chanting and pantomime in celebration*

1 Like

Packers have released Bakhtiari and Aaron Jones, signed Josh Jacobs and Xavier McKinney

Dolphins window really was last year, huh.

Patriots cutting Davante Parker. Extending him last offseason was inexplicable. Seemed like a good idea only to Parker, his agent, and Belichick.

I don’t follow football much anymore, but this guy is great, right? Like first ballot.

Kirk Cousins to the Falcons

Aaron Jones going to the…Vikings. eek

Very likely HoF but has been mediocre the last couple years. Probably a win/win for both teams.

Wilson is a great value at 1.2 million, almost certainly miles better than Kenny Pickett, but not the player he was 8-9 years ago.

Does he make the Steelers a contender to beat a team like Buffalo or KC in the playoffs? I’m skeptical

By himself, no, of course, but paying a starting QB 1.2 milly means there’s a lot of money to spend on other players. Although it would seem like the Steelers should then be bigger spenders in FA right now than they currently look to be.

I don’t like Russ at all but I wish he Vikings had signed him over Darnold. 1.2 million is a joke.

Steelers have huge % of cap tied up in TJ Watt, Cam Heyward, Minkah Fitzpatrick, and Alex Highsmith. The roster was basically constructed around a rookie QB contract. Now they have a Wilson for the price of a rookie, but it’s not like they ever could have afforded a 40 million QB, so it didn’t open up a bunch of cap space.

They basically need all those defenders to get to the playoffs healthy (which never happens) and to fill holes at Center, #2 CB, ILB, slot DB, SS, and upgrade one of their offensive tackles to have a complete team. They could maybe get 2 or 3 of those holes filled in the draft and need to find the rest in the bargain bin of free agency

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1767610432796103145

Well there it is.

but who do you want mentoring your 1st round pick qb, darnold or russ?