The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

“coin flip”

The Lions are never better than 50/50 until the clock reads 0:00 and even then us fans need to wait at least a full minute to be really sure something doesn’t change.

Hip know this well.

In the stadium last Sunday, all 40 and youngers were like “woo-hoo Super Bowl” at halftime. Us olds were looking at each other waiting for the other shoe to drop.

4 Likes

Over on 2+2 SRM was freaking out and claiming the sky was falling at halftime and I said “You do remember this is the Lions, right?”

Nailed it

Edit. Don’t care

1 Like

They certainly were and I can screenshot my losing lions plays. I thought it was an error at 1st and they got me

Same brain rot as nationalism

Rewatched the Super Bowl 4 years ago. After the second INT, Bosa gives Mitch Schwartz a pure MAGA chud hate trolling “nah nah nah nah” face. He thought it was over.

How’d that end up Nick?

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1751809680949793268

i haven’t watched an nfl game in 5 years but Lisa McCaffrey can fuck off.

I remember paying 3k for okay seats 30 years ago. This place is crazy.

According to Suite Experience Group, which provides suites for the Super Bowl, suite prices for Super Bowl LVIII — which will take place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas — cost between $1,400,000 to $2,500,000 on average. The boxes come with inclusive access to food and beverages.

Daddy Mahomes got arrested for dwi in texas.

Hmmm.

How did it affect the line?

The line for beers in the Mahomes/Kelce suite has gone down -200.

1 Like

LOL. Kind of funny that this needed to be mentioned to eliminate doubt.

It would hilarious if they excluded it and then asking everyone to open up a tab when they walked it.

https://twitter.com/mattbarrows/status/1754212858517430563

This seems like kind of a passive aggressive gift, telling them to stay in shape in the offseason.

Well the last time a relative of an important figure on the chiefs got arrested during Super Bowl week it didn’t go so well for them

2 Likes

Luxury suites used to traditionally gouge for food and beverage on top of ticket prices. Don’t know if that changed or is a throw in for these Super Bowl suites.

It would seem utterly ridiculous if that stuff wasn’t included in the $2.5 million. Also just inefficient. How much would a suite of people consume in the duration of a game? Just call it $100K and tack it on to the total price (I doubt it’s even that). It’s not like someone is gonna pay $2.4 million, but $2.5 is a deal-breaker.

If the suite cost was less astronomical, I can imagine charging separately, but when you get to that level, it’s silly.

Mama McCaffery mega Karen vibes

I would imagine food and drinks up to a point would be included but if the party drinks 100k worth of alcohol I doubt that would be included

I suppose that’s theoretically possible, but doesn’t seem like it could practically happen (if 100K is the vendor’s cost of providing the food/beverage). Even if we packed the suite full of nothing but frat bros, that would take some serious effort.

I am assuming also that the bar doesn’t have that much selection. They are at a football stadium. It’s not like they have a wine cellar where you could order crazy expensive rare bottles of wine. Even if they’ve got some fancy champagne, it’s gonna take a lot of bottles to get over that amount.

I’m also assuming a good faith effort at consuming what you order. I suppose that there may well be something in the fine print to prevent excessively ordering stuff and not consuming it.