The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Dang it he was. One of my favs and obv the greatest 2p2 forum ever.

Former Patriots linebacker who later became a position coach for them

1 Like

Tua is not going to wear gloves saying being cold is just a mindset.

Book the over on Tua ints.

Is it not being shown on the local NBC affiliate for KC and Miami? I assumed it would - Monday Night games on ESPN also go on the local ABC.

(Sorry Marksman, accidentally quoted your post)

Itā€™s on NBC in KC. They try real hard never to mention that though. My dad was apoplectic.

1 Like
  1. iā€™m way behind, but fuck the nfl for having this -30 degree spectacle on peacock :fu:t3:

2. 15 years or so ago, one weeknight school was already cancelled for the following day for the cold. temp was -8 or -9, windchill was -30 but the parking lot outside the apartment i lived was always a wind tunnel.

being drunk, i decided i wanted to know what -30 felt like. went outside in a hoodie, gym shorts and slides.

:woozy_face:

timer was at 10 minutes when i came back in. first few mins i was just standing next to my car, then i was next to the door leaning up against the building and remember thinking that if i didnā€™t have anywhere to go, i would probably curl up against the building, fall asleep and die. it was probably a constant 20-25mph wind, and the temp was -8. all fucking bad.

and thereā€™s gonna be THOUSANDS of people in that stadiumā€™s upper deck tomorrow night doing that for 4 HOURS.

1 Like

You (and @suzzer99 ) are right. My bad

Part of the no bad weather Super Bowl philosophy is it could be an absolute killer for the fan experience and Iā€™m not just talking having a 4K-10k ticket in some of the conditions mentioned .

Iā€™ve been to 4 host cities and gone to the Super Bowl 3 of those times as a Patriot fan; 10i couldnā€™t get me a single in get in against the Seahawks in Glendale but the lead up partying and experiences made it worth while.A ton of fans go knowing a ticket is a pipe dream but all events leading up to it fantastic. You just canā€™t put the Super Bowl in a city where the fans canā€™t leave the hotel due to weather. Itā€™s biased but Iā€™m 3-1 in games Iā€™ve attended including the ATL meltdown. I woulda been 3/2 if the big dick nick show had been in a climate I could enjoy and not Minnesota

Edit : y-u are also looking at 1.5 to 3 additional outdoor hours in the elements passing through 3 different chaotic and streeful security zones where rich people and Karenā€™s scream at temporary, untrained very young or old employees about purses , iPads , signs etc

2 Likes

1 Like

You mean this type of game, which was played in significantly less narly conditions than 2 games this weekend maybe played in

But watching fat Mike McCarthy or other recycled imbeciles punt into 25+ wind , rain snow on 4th and 1 from their own 45 is an added caveat that makes the nfl still watchable.

But Iā€™ll lay 5-1 some fan has their shirt off

1 Like

I think you and suzzer are on the right track - theyā€™re doing their damndest to not mention it to juice those Peacock subscriptions right before kickoff. Youā€™re absolutely right - theyā€™ll see a jump.

I enjoyed that game a great deal!

Was that the all
Unders rec yards prop bet game?

Should read the whole article/ interview. He said he would play it by ear essentially, but wouldnā€™t start with gloves.

I know football players are a different breed when it comes to toughness but this seems like the right way to handle the weather.

Woo-hoo. Eat some burnt peacock suckers.

Iā€™m up in the great land of canadia where TSN will show ALL the games in my hotel room!

1 Like

Bills/Steelers postponed to Monday

Peacock is offering a $29.99 yearly offer right now. Just 50% higher than their Black Friday deal.

Glad I have peacock as the high seas will be overloaded with boats.