The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Hard to say the guy who never won a ring with Marino is really GOAT.

Anyway got to consider Paul Brown, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh in terms of how they changed the game in how teams are coached

For example, Landry invented the 4-3 defense and while he didnā€™t invent the shotgun formation he was the first to use it as a regular part of the offense.

Paul Brown was the first to make and study game film, or create playbooks, and created concepts like the draw play

Walsh obviously invented the west coast offense and didnā€™t invent, but was the first to use the timing based passing game as the core concept. His approach to player development was unique and way more meticulous than coaches before him

What did Belichick really innovate in the game?

He was talking about Mike Shula

1 Like

Trading down in the draft

Using slow receivers

2 Likes

Letā€™s be real, for the most part the great coachesā€™ innovation is having generational QBs on their team that actually play the game for them.

1 Like

I mean he had a full plate organizing the party

2 Likes

Hoodies with cut-off sleeves.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/ImBillRay/status/1745434050930630765

1 Like

How did he destroy Saban?

1 Like

Good line from Belichick - ā€œHadnā€™t seen this many cameras since we signed Tebowā€

I assume heā€™ll coach but itā€™d be great to have him on TV. Heā€™s funny when he wants to be!

https://twitter.com/MikMcDaniel/status/1745549680472465463

A Chiefs podcast guy I listen to talked about still being able to feel the frostbite in his big toe years later from going to a less cold game than this. Gonna be fun!

i hate this stuff and with Buf and KC being dominant lately we keep getting these games late in the season or playoffs, put every team in a dome

Feeling fantastic about my Chefs ML bet.

Looks like Orchard Park is going to be under the weather gun Sunday for Bills/Steelers. 25+mph sustained winds with what could be some heavy snow during the game. A.k.a. typical Buffalo January weather, will look great on TV for the 9-6 game.

Maybe Iā€™m weird but I like the bad weather games.

3 Likes

I agree they are fun. Maybe not the best way to decide playoff games, but w/e it shall be entertaining.

Kyle Shanahan seems fairly successful and he has a very similar personality to Staley.

I donā€™t care for rain/heavy wind games

Absolutely love a heavy snow game

Iā€™m skeptical of hiring anyone in the Belichick tree - literally none of them, including the trunk himself, have had success elsewhere without Tom Brady. But Kraft has hired 4 coaches now, and the other three - Parcells, Pete Carroll and Belichick were all at least decent hires. Maybe Kraft is good at three things - making boxes, finding the best day spa, and hiring coaches.

1 Like