The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Didn’t even make it to Black Monday.

“you heard it from a fan right here”

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1744399366675103964

Titans decide to fire Vrabel?
F’n morons.
Ne has to look at him very hard right?

2 Likes

Surprising fire. He will definitely get another job this year.

Unless Vrabel has a recent history of obvious stupid decisions beyond just having an ass roster, that seems like a bad move.

1 Like

Titans have been a very mediocre team and he took them to three straight playoff appearances including two division titles. Oh no! They’ve had two losing seasons with a butt-ass roster.

My take is that being a head coach is not that hard, and that the differences between teams is a lot more player and luck based than coach based.

My formula for being a successful head coach:

1. Be competent with x’s and o’s (probably the hardest part).
  2. Hire competent assistants who also know their x’s and o’s.
  3. Don’t be a dick (not hard but seems impossible for some coaches).
  4. Don’t make obviously stupid on field decisions (should be easy but coaches make it look hard for some reason).

Seems like constantly re-booting after a couple bad years, especially if the coach hasn’t shown any obvious deficiencies in 1-4, is just spinning your wheels.

I"m guessing that being able to successfully manage and motivate 100 or so (players, coaches) testosterone-fueled men with massive egos is a very rare skill.

Staley seems like a guy who had the Xs and Os, but failed at the personality management part. He really lost the team at the end.

Football is so much more about gameday fire and motivation than another sport imo. You could have the players and the scheme, but if you don’t have a bunch of guys willing to fly around and put their bodies at risk, you’re going to lose.

1 Like

The thing people don’t understand sometimes is that coaches have to make a decision within about 5 seconds of the last play ending, and then get a playcall in within 5 seconds of that.

It’s easier at home to look 30 seconds later and say with ease oh they should go for it here.

1 Like

Yeah that too. The Dolphins lost in the playoffs last year because vape-boy couldn’t get the plays in and kept subjecting his 3rd-string QB to delay-of-games. He might be on the Staley trajectory.

Wild card week, who ya got (choose one of each matchup)

• Browns
  • Texans
  • Dolphins
  • Chiefs
  • Steelers
  • Bills
  • Packers
  • Cowboys
  • Rams
  • Lions
  • Eagles
  • Buccaneers
0 voters

You gotta at least show who voted so I can laugh at them.

1 Like

I have no idea how to do that. Maybe somebody else can do better at polls

It’s under “advanced options”. It’s not a big deal; no one has picked the Steelers.

Yeah but they are playing the Bills. One of the teams that could just shut the bed out of nowhere.

Wow, not a single vote for the Rams? That might be the closest game this weekend

This is what harbaugh is great at

Coaching is also also a lot about player development. There’s motivating them to put in the work and also making sure they know what to work on week to week and year to year and why.

Texans, Dolphins, Bills, Cowboys, Rams, Bucs assuming moneyline. Might like Packers with points. Some of these games are gonna be dependent on final injury updates though.

I recuse myself from the vote because of a conflict of interest.