The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Per the NFL, “with a rushing touchdown on Sunday, McCaffrey will join Pro Football Hall of Famers Marshall Faulk and Lenny Moore as the only players in NFL history with at least 50 rushing touchdowns and 25 touchdown receptions.”

Im not sure why, probably because I think of sports stats primarily in terms of mlb stats, but 50/25 career doesnt seem like some worldbeater statline, and yet only two players in history have done it (well probably 4 by the end of this season, but still.)

Yeah i just looked up receiving touchdowns for Landanian Tomlinson, Priest Holmes, Emmet Smith, and Walter Payton. Surprisingly low numbers. Shows how much the design of offenses has changed even since 15 years ago

Running backs don’t usually get that many catches to get enough td catches and vice versa it’s even worse for receivers running the ball.

The 25 is the sticking point.

Dom Blart, Ball Cop might actually face punishment for participating in a sideline ruckus.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1731683981517611496

2 Likes

As he should be. Shanahan was just as confused as I was during his post game presser. Why is some rando pointing and shouting in the face of one of my players who is on the field at the time? How does this happen?

1 Like

And why is he between the bench and field. There are no threats coming from midfield. Get behind the bench back by the crowd. WTF.

Weird week just finished - lowest completion rate for a week of games this year by over 1% and also the lowest INT rate by a significant margin (1.41% vs 1.8% the next lowest, 2.31% for the season).

There seemed to be a lot of rainy games. Maybe just made it hard to catch the ball?

colin cowherd just called aaron rogers “joe rogan with a spiral” lmao

5 Likes
1 Like

oh boy

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1732876971544088931

4 Likes

Would it be better or worse if he used a gangbang as his example?

In December 2021, locals will recall the news of a woman deliberately driving into the waterway that spills into the falls,” Dunne writes. “She drifted down the Niagara River before her vehicle was lodged against a rock about 50 yards from the brink. McDermott studied up and pieced together a speech. The coach explained how members from the Coast Guard did everything they could to save the woman. He built up the drama. Players held on tight for an inspiring apex, and . . . nothing. He said the woman died. End of story. The complete absence of a point had some players biting their tongues, trying their hardest not to laugh.”

2 Likes

McDermott being run under the boss. He is in trouble unless bills have a miraculous finish.

:notes: I’ve been waitin’ all day for Thursday night…
:notes: Zappe and Trubisky in a classic slap fight!
:notes: A forward pass? They can’t do it right…
:notes: That’s why we’re waiting all day for Thursday Night!

5 Likes

I feel like if you bet on this game they should just send the guys from the gambling help line to your house for a grippy sock vacation

4 Likes

what if you have 10+ bets on this game :harold:

wait I don’t have that many whew I’m good

1 Like

https://x.com/tonelove__/status/1732885189481861373?s=46&t=hUTQWHj9NQWf8Y8RgMv1TA

3 Likes

He’s a completely overmatched church camp counselor and I hope the bus backs over him a couple times just to be safe. It can’t be overstated how hard it is to miss the playoffs with an elite qb in his prime, but he has found a way by golly. Good riddance, but the owner is a dottering old oil baron who’s wife is the only one in the family that knows anything about sports but might be a vegetable now and anyhow he’s too busy getting scammed by slick talking front office grifters milking him dry, so who knows Sean will probably get to continue blowing an entire Super Bowl window because why not f everything it’s a cursed franchise anyhow. Ho Ho Ho.

2 Likes