The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Interesting take for a team that’s currently predicted to finish 3rd in a weak division.

I just don’t see it from Justin Fields. His speed is a problem but as a passer he just looks lost to me.

some guys take a few years to make the leap, they say he’s improving in camp, the offense should be a lot better with talent around him but who knows, with his legs he can just get to average as a passer and then he’s the best qb the bears have ever seen.

Everyone is improving in camp.

Bears are garbo but my bff is a huge beans fan so I hope for the best. Wish fields was good and he’s obv the best running back on the team but it’s hard to imagine he’s going to start slanging darts.

Will probably be a .500ish draft purgatory team but that division is awful so there is a path to a first round playoff loss.

NFC North is wide open, so even with a minor jump from Fields, Bears should have decent shot at division. Feel every other team got worse.

1 Like

Unless I missed something, their two biggest moves this summer were over drafting a RB and then paying $18 million for a mediocre RB.

They are everyone’s sleeper candidate, but feel Goff is more likely to regress and keep them locked in mediocrity.

1 Like

Then you missed a lot. Complete overhaul of the CB room, which was their achilles heel last year. They added Cam Sutton, Emmanuel Mosely, and CJ Gardner-Johnson, plus Brian Branch in the draft. Gibbs is spending a lot of time repping with the WRs in OTAs. He’s going to be a dual threat RB/WR combo like Kamara.

Goff is good when he trusts his protection and has a relatively clean pocket. Lions O-Line is elite but if there’s an area where it could regress maybe it’s here.

2 Likes

as a bears fan the claypool chatter freaks me out but I try to remind myself how doomed the chatter was on tevin at the same time last year. And speaking of chatter I’m already too high on tyler scott and tyrique.

I’m still not losing sleep wrt fields’s low completion numbers. Mitch for example just felt like a born blunderbuss with no hope of ever dialing it in, but I’ve never felt that way about Fields. His decision making has been bleh but a big piece of that has got to be the combo of working behind one of the worst O-lines in the league while throwing to the worst receiving room. There’s so much angst in chicago over fields that I wish everyone would take a lesson from Lions fans who somehow are pencilling themselves into the nfc championship while being led by goff joff. What could possibly go wrong?

That said for most bears fans this year is about seeing if Fields is the guy. Yeah the division isn’t scary but I’d be totally fine with 8-9 as long as fields asserts himself and more than half the newcomers work out. Poles does some bewildering things but at least with the draft I think he played his very lucky hand pretty well. I’m excited for the bears future draft picks and the cap money they still have but for the first time in forever I’m also looking forward to an actual season so bring on the laggy extorionate youtubeTV thing and bear down naperville Bears

Fuck y’all it’s not wide open

Lions are going to go 12-5

Deal with it

this is the big Q for the Lions, can Goff maintain that level of play, but I think even in a regression Lions Goff is a bit better than Rams Goff

Why couldn’t the bears sign Ezekiel Elliot at center?

2 Likes

Fields is going to be great if he can stay on the field (imo)

Let every bad thing possible happen to this turd

Every time we end a season on a run there are expectations that the next year is THE year. The we start 1-6.

I can’t even hope.

2 Likes

tha’ts why opening night is @ Chiefs just get such a beatdown that all hopes out of the way early.

1 Like

Pretty much every Chiefs and Chargers fan’s most hated players.

Ooooooor

Lions blow out chiefs and hawks and are 2-0 and Super Bowl champs elect.

1 Like

I was ecstatic and super excited when the local Eagles won the SB. My wife asked what I would do if my Lions ever won;

1. Tears of joy
  2. Fetal position as there is no way the universe is letting Detroit have a parade. An asteroid is surely coming in the next 24 hours. The Lions winning is a sign of the apocalypse.
3 Likes

I mean I’m rooting for the Lions if the Giants don’t make the playoffs and the Lions do.

At least he didn’t pay for the war machine tho