The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

Someone on Reddit said it was just thirty slides of piles of money being lit on fire.

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1666087546932084736?s=46&t=Y_KXHBgeHwLgY9UkD4KA1A

I don’t even get the temptation to want to do this as a player unless you had a real gambling addiction.

1 Like

I get it I bet on games, the colts guy had a pal doing it but was doing it dumb so he got caught.

It’s just seriously the rule is don’t do it or you lose a ton of money so it’s not worth it but it’s basically impossible to get that many dudes and all of them aren’t going to do some shit. There’s been quite a few over the years who were running a run and shoot offense off the field at the same time.

And it’s not like they can’t bet on other sports, they just need the willpower not to do it from a team facility.

first 2 and a half ish minutes is the Texans Cardinals draft trade 3 for 12 as it was going down from the Cards perspective

1 Like

Was having an argument with a friend of a friend at a bar about whether a CFL team would do vs a NFL team with NFL rules and sufficient prep time for both sides, but the CFL team gets to have an extra player on the field at all times.

Similar scenario, CFL rules, but NFL team has one fewer player.
12 v 11 in both cases.

edit: We were specifically talking about the Falcons if that makes a difference.

2nd edit: the extra player on offense would be an eligible player, so you could have 6 WR sets.

1 Like

Falcons -16

Never watched a CFL game in my life. Could their best team beat Bama (equal number on the field, either set of rules)?

I’d still hammer the Falcons side.

NFL players are really good. The two QBs in the most recent Grey Cup were undrafted in the NFL. The talent mismatch on the offensive and defensive lines is gigantic.

I don’t see how this would be anything but a slaughter.

I would take the CFL team -50 vs Bama.

Of the top guys that get cut by the NFL each year only a very small number are good enough to play in the CFL. CFL linebackers / DEs and o lineman tend to be as skilled and as fast as most of the non all star NFL guys, just smaller. CFL players are also men, aged 22-30 who have been playing professional football for much longer than college guys.

Because of the larger field and different rules, speed is at more of a premium than size.

The most recent NFC title game featured a team with an undrafted QB.

Fair, but he was surrounded by NFL, not CFL talent.

No college team, no matter how good, has any chance against even the worst CFL/NFL team.

Would about a CFL team with an extra guy vs a NFL team?

CFL team would be below a top tier ncaa program like Georgia or Alabama no?

I would hammer the worst CFL team -50 vs Georgia. On an average year probably 4-5 starters from the Georgia team stick around the NFL for more than 5 years. The next best guy makes the CFL some of the time.

If you could take Georgia and magically age them 5 years it would be a conversation. But otherwise I am taking CFL all day

2 Likes

The National Arena League kicked the Albany Empire out of the league Thursday after team owner Antonio Brown failed to pay either a required fee or a fine he received after recent public comments.

gee, how could letting Antonio Brown own a team go wrong? who could’ve POSSIBLY seen that coming? (tamer than you’d have thought really but then again this is the first time I’ve heard of arena league in forever so there’s that)

1 Like

How much does an Arena League team even cost?

Edit: Just looked up the team and apparently AB is also a player listed on the roster. Also he is apparently not a real owner of the team. Or maybe he is. The wikipedia article is somewhat confusing.

googled it, claim is from 20k fee but from scratch about 200,000–you have to show you have millions cause you lose money on it but this is antonio brown who could have a billion it doesn’t matter, some crazy shit he thinks he shouldn’t pay will come up, then they kicked him out for it. Every NFL fan could’ve told you that was coming so why let him in. Maybe hoping for he’d do something so crazy it’d get bigger attention than just a blurb idk.

anyway gonna do a tl;dr writeup preview of the #1 team in the NFL

in the draft before they traded it the chicago bears

the good
The center isn’t here anymore, that’s right of all the things the worst team in the league had last year, the worst player the most hated guy, was the center. there were discussions on bears forums of was he the worst OL guy we’ve ever seen–do you know what that means? we all saw the jay cutler era where on one of those teams, a guard out of nowhere midseason really sucked, one of the tackles had a nickname of a swinging gate and he was the “good” tackle. Teams were down to centers off the street who were definitely better than the guy we were starting all year because reasons. Tanking even though we don’t want a QB? I don’t know. This center in a game against the Giants had a pass block rating by pff of 1.5. One point five. He can’t hurt my eyes anymore. (he ended up 18th among centers for the year from pff but I’ve never in my life watched a game and thought how is there not a better center?) Every week this happened last season. There’s all sorts of pages on the net of tweets complaining how bad mustipher was with having zero clue how he was on a NFL roster much less starting center before that giants game. Before.
WR group is better simply because DJ Moore is here, a guy with more rec yards than anyone as a bear, it’s not close. the WR group was just sad last year Mooney is serviceable with some vets, this isn’t a strong group but they don’t look too bad. Definitely better than last year.
TE group they had no depth last year but signed Tonyan and Kmet doesn’t get covered sometimes with Fields being a huge running threat. Two TE sets might be very hard for some teams to defend.

OL changed big, RG big FA signing, top of the draft RT, Whitehair moves to center (he started there years ago) after a bad LG season, Braxton Jones isn’t a rookie now wasn’t good but did flash here and there, Jenkins they keep moving him which I don’t like but hopefully he finally finds a spot, he’s penciled in at LG. With two first round picks and a big FA signing and not a horrible center, maybe this unit won’t be bad?

Offense should be remarkably better–it’s also the leap year for a QB if he takes it.

DL was dreadful and has been overhauled but idk if it’s good. Walker from Ten, Billings from LV, Justin Jones, trevis gipson are the penciled starters… If anything else Jones gets huge bonus points for saying half of packer fans don’t know football. I don’t know about that but at least half look like they know what it’s like to eat a football.
Stat wise Eddie Jackson wasn’t much different in any season from the last three, except he was god awful two seasons ago and well, I’ll say at least solid last season. NFL is funny.
Vildor went from please go away two seasons ago to well he’s not that bad. Most improved guy on the team by far last year, please keep doing that.
maybe kyler gordon can stick at nickel corner.
LB’s are overhauled, except they paid two middle linebackers so that’s weird. It’s a 4-3.
QB–backup is now pj walker, this makes a little more sense than what they had before. He can run at 4.7, yes that’s not fields speed but with an offense tailored toward that, it’s not so bad.
The bad
Chase Claypool appears to be exactly who we thought he was. He has played 7 games as a bear with 144 total yards. Apparently he’s injured, bunch of reports saying inside halas hall some people hate him, it’s June.
CB2 still a big ? mark
Defense has no depth whatsoever it seems anywhere and massively overhauled, how long before they gel?
oh right this team was god awful last year that’s why so much is posted in good because it couldn’t have gotten worse.
RB might not be as good as a unit monty is gone but he was a very unique player with his strength/weaknesses. d’onta foreman though? bears fans and pff like herbert better than I do but he’s not a liability so who cares it’s RB right. Some think he’ll break out as the guy, we shall see.
QB–HOW IS NATHAN PETERMAN STILL HERE
every QB on this roster has a career completion percentage under 60. Justin Fields is the best by default Baker Mayfield was 60 percent last year and he had to learn the playbook on the plane.
The NFL average is what 65? 66?

I think Mustipher figured out the cheat code, he rarely got credit for giving up sacks despite looking totally lost all the time and quite a few I was pretty sure it was his fault but he went nowhere near the guy who did sack so it counted for someone else. (you might wonder how, there are tweets out there of him where bears fans going WTF ARE YOU DOING) at the center This happened about every game.

2 Likes