The NFL Thread 2: 1. T Swift

4 Likes

Jalen Hurts just graduated with his masters. Stetson Bennett been in college like eight years and still hasnā€™t graduated.

3 Likes

At least Bennett didnā€™t choke under the bright lights.

It is impossible to not be a fan of Hurts.

3 Likes

Yeah I wish he played for a team other than Philly. Oh well.

1 Like

Come on, man.

1 Like

Hope for another peacock Black Friday sale. I think it was 99 cents or 1.99 a month for twelve months. (Although one game is easier to just pirate but I watch other stuff on peacock, like cocaine bear!)

1 Like

I have Peacock because I have Xfinity, but itā€™s just dumb.

1 Like

Going to be viewed exclusively at Applebees for me

You think Applebees pays for peacock? :joy:

I wish they just let Apple Pay for all rights and show all games w no blackouts.

saw someone on twitter laughing about how the NFL laid off a bunch of employees because of ā€œeconomic downturnā€ but then also licensed this one game for 110 million dollars.

1 Like

Wait what? Now I need to find out if I already have Peacock

I did this for SNF games. Going to have to look and make sure I donā€™t renew at full price at some point.

i have peacock because i watch soccer, particularly the premier leagueā€¦ and it randomly has my favorite teams games on itā€¦ and yeah i agree itā€™s dumb. iā€™ve canceled it for the summer off season though, not sure if the epl will be on it next fall or not.

I think you can cancel and it just wonā€™t auto renew but I havenā€™t tried it yet, as I have like six more months. But I know ā€œmaxā€ works that way as do several other streamers.

Apparently nbc paid $110 million for this one playoff game, so hard to blame the greedy nfl even if it is taking a wildcard game away from a bigger audience. Of course giving playoff games to ESPN started this slippery slope. Although maybe abc carries ESPN playoff games.

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty sure the ESPN playoff games are simulcast.

Maybe this works for the NFL, but seems penny wise but pound foolish. Seems like this could piss off some fans for not that big of a benefit. That said, itā€™s the NFL so maybe nothing can hurt it so itā€™s a free extra $50 million (or whatever premium is being paid).

Itā€™s not just that most people donā€™t have it, but Iā€™m not sure that all sports bars will even be able to stream it. Iā€™ve gone to a few that only have cable packages and canā€™t stream. Losing bars seems bad for playoff games.

Will they allow local broadcast partners in the participating teamā€™s markets?

I assume they will do that.

In the local markets the games will still be on NBC.

1 Like

Apparently Pat McAfee has made a deal with ESPN for his show.

Never watched the show but certainly have seen plenty of clips.