The Neverending Picture Game

Killed it. gogogo

I donā€™t think I would have gotten there without the ā€œLenfestā€, but then maybe no one would have unless they had been there and remembered it.

Damn. Good thing I blurred out ā€œrevolutionā€ on the screenā€¦

ā€œlenfest curved stairwayā€ was the google search that got it.

1 Like

What is the painting? Even with the museum I canā€™t find it, I was like 85% itā€™s Napoleon but couldnā€™t find that either.

I donā€™t think Napoleon had an American flag.

https://www.amrevmuseum.org/press-room/press-releases/19th-century-painting-washington-and-rochambeau-siege-yorktown-installed

2 Likes

Thatā€™s not an American flag you sore winner

'Murican?

Eh Iā€™m wrong here as well, I was going to argue itā€™s not American on the technicality there was no America yet, but whateves I clearly missed it was the Betsy Ross flag because the red & white part of the flag was pale and blended in with the tent.

Flag Resolution of 1777

On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress passed the Flag Resolution which stated: " Resolved , That the flag of the thirteen United States be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the union be thirteen stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation."[13] Flag Day is now observed on June 14 of each year. While scholars still argue about this, tradition holds that the new flag was first hoisted in June 1777 by the Continental Army at the Middlebrook encampment.

Enjoy your victory, enjoy my shame.

Nationwide Arena?

Iā€™m pretty sure that says arena at the end in white letters.

Arenā€™t a whole lot of arenas made of brick these days. Might be an old arena.

It is an arena, but not that one. The street in front of it there is not a one way street. And itā€™s not an old arena.

I think Iā€™ve found the building in the backgroundā€¦

Spark Arena, Auckland NZ. For some reason it looked like the wrong place when I checked it out on the map and I started doubting myself but then I found the same angle. Searched for tallest buildings UK then tallest buildings Australia then tallest buildings NZ and the Vero Centre was near the top of the list.

Very good. You win.

Place or name of landmark:

I donā€™t want to win but Ancient caves, Mustang region, Nepal

Good news, you did not win

2 Likes

Cappadocia, Turkey