The National Football League

3 is too low. As Hobbes pointed out he could have killed Rudolph if he really connects with the helmet.
Rudolph does not deserve a suspension, maybe a fine.

Was half asleep when I saw replays last night and just rewatched IN CONTEXT. Pretty brutal result from Garrett’s actions but morally not that bad. Punk Rudolph tries to take off Garrett’s helmet, Garrett responds in kind and succeeds.

Garrett is then restrained by a massive offensive lineman and Rudolph attacks him with a wild look in his eyes. Garrett is restrained other than his one free arm in which he is holding the helmet, and he uses it to defend himself.

1 game for Rudolph and 4 for Garrett seems fine. Lol at Rudolph threatening to sue, easiest dismal ever.

Albert Haynesworth got 5 games for stomping on a guy’s head. Anything less than that for Garrett would be absurd.

Stephen Jackson got 30 games for going into the stands and beating the shit out of fans.

I don’t know where I was going with that but it seems relevant, somehow.

Garrett suspended indefinitely, minimum this regular season and playoffs, per Schefter.

Three games for Pouncey and one for Ogunjobe.

1 Like

If assault with a deadly weapon is only about one and a half times worse than not deflating footballs, Patriots could just poison all of their opponents, eat the 8-game suspension, then show up and claim the title when there’s no one left to play.

3 Likes

I get the suspensions but why were both teams fined $250K?

lol

4 Likes

Probably “lack of institutional control or embarrassing the shield” or something of that nature.

MM MD

2 Likes

Was just about to post this exact same thing

Ignoring the punishment and whether it was justified, can someone tell me what the hell Garrett was doing on the field in the first place?

It’s the final seconds of a two possession game and the losing team clearly wasn’t interested in trying to win the game. Forget about idiocy and hotheadedness, why even risk an injury to your star players? (This goes for the Steelers having Pouncey et al. out there as well)

The game is effectively over; send your second- and third-stringers to run out the clock.

It really really does.

1 Like

That’s the type of idiocy that even Belichick engages in.

I’m sure number of snaps played comes up in contract negotiations. If I were a starter I wouldn’t want to come out either.

This could ruin the Browns’ playoff chances.

Hating on Cincinnati-style chili is worse than anything Myles Garrett ever did.

My favorite Skyline memory is of Anthony Bourdain taking author Michael Ruhlman there (strangely, in Cleveland) to torture him.

It could be this or it could be that fat Freddie is a fucking redneck moron who has no business coaching

2 Likes

I just came in here to post that this incident caused me to learn that the Browns’ coach is not Fat Mike, formerly of the Packers, but some other guy named Freddie Kitchens. I legit thought he was Fat Mike this whole season.

I mean, look at this:

https://www.nbcsports.com/sites/nbcsports.com/files/2018/12/02/fnia_nfl_mikemccarthyfired_181202.jpg

2 Likes

Colin cowturd has been insistent all season that Fat Mike was the guy the browns should have hired

I think Fat Mike is the guy from Run The Jewels.

1 Like