The National Football League

And raw onions.

Sounds like Burro was right to make that tweet then

Not enough cheese.

lol yeah Iā€™m sending that back immediately if a server puts that in front of me good god

4 Likes

It comes with a side of red nail polish?

1 Like

This is much more interesting than the NFL btw so please carry on

3 Likes

What cheese is it? Iā€™m guessing a really mild cheddar.

What the actual fuck is that?

is that considered fine dining in the midwest? jfc

ā€œRight after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce and got spaghetti with a fistful of shredded cheese and raw god damned onions on top. Iā€™m an average nobody. I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.ā€

4 Likes

Iā€™d say it looks horrible and Iā€™ll never eat it, and that would be true. But then Iā€™d feel guilty as I used to eat chips (fries), beans and cheese several times a week as a student.

chips-cheese-and-beans

So much cheese.

Baked beans or pork ā€˜n beans??

Just heinz baked beans, I wasnā€™t made of money.

1 Like

OK

All you goddammned non-Cincinnatians need to just step off right now.

First of all, Skyline chili is not like texas-style chili. if you go in expecting that, youā€™re gonna be shocked/confused/disappointed. Skyline is more like a meat sauce that you put on other things. DO NOT just go into Skyline and order a bowl of chili. They will give it to you, while laughing at you behind your back.

Second of allā€¦Skyline coney dogs are the best fucking coney dogs in the country, and thatā€™s a hill Iā€™ll die on. Itā€™s not just the combo of flavors. itā€™s the unique, slightly smaller hot dogs, the soft bun, and the mountain of cheese. You canā€™t make them at home with the canned versionā€¦it just doesnā€™t work.

Third of all, in Cincinnati, when you talk about a three-way, no one is thinking about an overrated sexual encounter. They are thinking about spaghetti, skyline, and cheese. Topped with hot sauce and oyster crackers, and eaten like a casserole or cake. see video

Fianlly, the flavor is unique. Itā€™s some magical mix of chili powder, cumin, cocoa, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper and who knows what else. The origin is Greek, so if youā€™ve ever had real greek moussaka, the flavor of the meat is somewhat similar (because they use similar spices)

This is the food of my people, no disrespect will be tolerated!!! (Honestly, itā€™s a love it or hate it thing, I get it, but I think a lot of people get caught on my first pointā€¦their expectations when they hear the word ā€œchiliā€)

3 Likes

I keep skyline in cans on hand at all times. Makes a decent 3 way. But like Skydiver wrote, nothing can compare to an in store chili dog. Steamed bun, mustard, special made mini hot dog, lots of chili, and cheese.
(btw, the cheese is a more like a colby than anything else. very mild)

1 Like

You guys made me hungry for Skyline, so Iā€™m having that for dinner. I havenā€™t even finished the chili verde I made on the weekend (see the cooking thread) but Iā€™m having this crap lol.

IMG_0270

PS: fuck the Steelers

1 Like

Doesnā€™t the hate for Skyline Chili come from that Peter King picture where heā€™s smoozing with Roger Goodell? I think it was when the whole Ray Rice thing happened.

No, itā€™s because Skyline chili is just really bad.

1 Like

Canceled!