The National Football League

https://twitter.com/theStevenRuiz/status/1442513009809764360

6 Likes

Plus, back in the day, it was totally fine to be a known rapist and crash your motorcycle without a helmet.

Damn they had some really good on field graphics back in the 20s.

2 Likes

That video makes me ill, but I cannot argue the facts. Heā€™s washed. Why the organization canā€™t see it is beyond me. If they can see it and just donā€™t/wonā€™t do anything about it, well that may be a worse problem.

Steelers are loyal which has been a huge strength to that organization over the years but in this case itā€™s to a fault.

All ya gotta do is call chicago and you can get a very serviceable quarterback for basically any draft pick you have.

This time it will surely be different.

It wonā€™t be.

But I hope it is.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping for maximum off-field entertainment value.

Iā€™m always rooting for Flash, but he wasnā€™t any good in 2019 with the Patriots. Maybe his brief time in Seattle was a different story, but he couldnā€™t separate at all. That Pats WR core as a group that year was miserable at it, and he was a big part of that failure. Now heā€™s 2 years older.

Maybe heā€™s clean and running better than he was then. I hope so. Heā€™s still a big dude, maybe theyā€™ll use him in some of the classic Sammy Watkins OPI plays.

Top 5 rookie WRs through three weeks sorted by receiving yards (these are also the top 5 in receptions and the only WR receiving TDs except one by WR/RB hybrid Demetric Felton):

Jaā€™Marr Chase: 11 rec, 220 yds, 4 TD
Rondale Moore: 13 rec, 183 yds, 1 TD
Jaylen Waddle: 22 rec, 167 yds, 1 TD
DeVonta Smith: 11 rec, 115 yds, 1 TD
Terrace Marshall Jr.: 10 rec, 91 yds, 0 TD

Kyle Pitts would slot in 4th at 11/139/0, for the record. And Najee Harris is at 20/149/1, lol.

Just fit him for his gold jacket now.

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1442480895986831367

3 Likes

That is absurd. Not like heā€™s a dome kicker, either.

And heā€™s still got a long career to go too

Might be the best kicker of all-time

Honestly at this point I donā€™t even think GOAT is up for debate, itā€™s got to be Tucker. He meets all the criteria for GOAT kicker, distance, accuracy, clutch. Heā€™s 31 which is sort of middle aged for kickers, and many play in to their late 30s or more, so I guess we can see where his career ends up. But heā€™s been the best in the league for a decade now and now has the accomplishment that every kicker dreams of.

If Tucker keeps up a long career and maintains an over 90% made rate itā€™s gonna be hard to argue for anyone else.

Adam Vinatieriā€™s history of clutch kicks and his ridiculous longevity have him firmly in the conversation right now. And of course Iā€™ve still got love for the Great Dane, Morten Andersen.

Right now, I have Vinatieri as GOAT.

As RC said, Tucker will become GOAT if he can keep this up through most of his 30s.

https://twitter.com/JCohen_NFL/status/1443332741160910854

This just isnā€™t fair. Donald started out lined up two yards outside the opposite tackle.

Tucker is already the GOAT, that conversation is already over. #1 FG% all time.

Vanderjagt was better than Vinateri was in the same era and so was Kaeding. but of course both missed a big one in the playoffs vs hitting FGā€™s in tie games from the middle of the field to win them so adam never had the pressure better kickers like him and kaeding did.

Hell so was gostkowski

1 Like

Vinatieri 7 of 10 in Super Bowls though!

I think heā€™s still in the discussion, but Tucker is absurd.

I rewatched the Carolina - Pats Super Bowl recently, where Vinatieri missed two FGs in the 30s. If anyoneā€™s looking for a good watch while working, put that up on YouTube. Brady was ridiculously good (other than one horrific throw in the Red Zone), young Steve Smith features prominently, He Hate Me, Jake Delhomme slinginā€™, John Fox looking flummoxed, an inexplicable 26 rushes for Antowain Smith, Vrabel should have been MVP, itā€™s great TV.

amazing quotes right here, fire that clown asap

2 Likes